Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 21, 2014, 05:00:47 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Scrolling Capture Deluxe Thread  (Read 14051 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2012, 04:51:59 PM »

I've uploaded a new version with some more elaborate functionality when you press the "TEST WINDOW" before beginning a scrolling capture.  That button will engage a process that will try to guess the best settings to capture the window.

Essentially it tries to figure out the optimal way to do a LINE-based scroll (as opposed to a page-based scroll) which can be more reliably overlapped (since page-based scrolling sometimes yields 0 overlap between pages).
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2012, 06:22:13 PM »

link?
I get a nice looking 404 on the link from the previous page :-)

Tom
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2012, 06:32:02 PM »

try again now..
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2012, 06:35:34 PM »

ta very much

Tom
ewemoa
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2012, 08:25:14 PM »

Attached are some samples made using "Test window..." -- thanks for this thumbs up

First one made with FF 9.0.1, and the other Chrome 14.0.x -- with some splicing action too smiley

Updated attachments

* ff-sample-two-words-about-hoisting.png (246.67 KB, 650x5904 - viewed 133 times.)

* chrome-sample-when-you-cant-count-on-your-numbers.png (78.66 KB, 620x1453 - viewed 112 times.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:54:19 PM by ewemoa » Logged
Ath
Supporting Member

« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2012, 07:07:02 AM »

I've uploaded a new version with some more elaborate functionality when you press the "TEST WINDOW" before beginning a scrolling capture.  That button will engage a process that will try to guess the best settings to capture the window.

Essentially it tries to figure out the optimal way to do a LINE-based scroll (as opposed to a page-based scroll) which can be more reliably overlapped (since page-based scrolling sometimes yields 0 overlap between pages).
Just tried this updated version on Visual Studio again, and the all new and improved "Super Scrolling Capture" is finally beginning to make sense on VS2010. smiley

Did the AutoDetect for the best capture method (the texts after testing mentions a Re-Test button I couldn't find when focus wasn't inside the main code area) and it suggested to also horizontally scroll.

After making such capture it shows that that's not a good idea, as VS adds too much extras in the left margin:
and because of my plugins, on the right margin:

The left margin stuff is also on the second column of captures, so an overlap-merge isn't going to work here anyway, and the right-margin I also want to keep, so either I have to scale down the view, or format my code into a single-column view tellme
The Guess Overlaps does work quite correct to all pages except for the End Overlap, this way.

This time (compared to my previous attempt, 2 days ago) I got a perfect capture, though I had to tweak the margins a bit after having them guessed by SSC, and it couldn't guess the overlap (no horizontal scroll, gave a messagebox telling me so), so I did that by hand.

I'm getting happier with every update Thmbsup Kiss

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2012, 10:47:17 AM »

Glad to hear it's getting there.. I'm reaching the point of diminishing returns in terms of improving auto-guessing of stuff -- so I don't think it's going to be getting *too* much better.  The one thing I may do is add disk caching for the multiple images, which would make it possible to capture larger scrolled regions that exceed memory requirements.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2012, 01:05:18 PM »

Screencast videos posted here: http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=29821.0
J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2012, 09:29:46 AM »

Hey, I missed this thread altogether. As you know, mouser, I have never been able to get a scrolling capture with Screenshot Captor, and that has stayed the same through three different Windows computers! I've posted several times about it and at first you replied as if most had no problems and it must be my system. Finally enough other people chimed in and you said you would be working on it. Apparently you have here but I didn't notice it.

Soooo.. where are we? I have downloaded and installed all updates/upgrades to SSC but I don’t see any settings screens like those posted in this thread. Is this a separate program? An add-on to SSC? Youi have kept this way, way under the table though I'm not certain why. How the heck do I get scrolling captures now with SSC?

Thanks!

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2012, 10:44:41 AM »

How the heck do I get scrolling captures now with SSC?

via tray icon context menu, or use shortcut (shown there as well)**
Same as before actually smiley

I'd recommend looking at the video thread Screenshot Captor 3 - Window Object and Scrolling Capture Screencast Videos

** "Grab windows object or scrolling window"

Tom
IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2012, 12:37:04 AM »

@J-Mac:
...I missed this thread altogether. As you know, mouser, I have never been able to get a scrolling capture with Screenshot Captor ...and you said you would be working on it. Apparently you have here but I didn't notice it...
...Youi have kept this way, way under the table though I'm not certain why. How the heck do I get scrolling captures now with SSC?

Take a look at this post I just made - it may be of some general use to you:
Keeping track of what you want to know about

Never miss a useful DCF post again!    smiley
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.055s | Server load: 0.21 ]