ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Scrolling Capture Deluxe Thread

<< < (12/18) > >>

ewemoa:
One suggested modification to your workflow:

Hit guess margins, THEN manually tweak them, THEN hit "guess overlaps"

Overlap guessing is based on margins, so tweaking them manually before guessing overlaps is advantageous.
-mouser (January 19, 2012, 03:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the tip -- hope to try that soon :)

ewemoa:
The tip about tweaking margins between the guess margins and guess overlaps steps seems to work well here for FF and Chrome  :Thmbsup:

To get better results for IE 8.z, I used "Capture Now" from the gear menu and switched "Method" for vertical scrolling to "Simulate Keypresses".

Tested with Firefox 9.x, Chrome 14.y, and IE 8.z.

praise for...Splicing functionality from SSC is great :)

On a related note, I get confused about which mode of splicing would work well -- horizontal or vertical...when I get the answer wrong, undoing seems to get rid of the selected region...

mouser:
Ok it's time for me to roll the scrolling capture code into Screenshot Captor itself.. Now i just have to decide how to deal with non-scrolling object capture..

In current SC, when you want to capture an object or scrolling object, you trigger object captor and then click differently if you want a scrolling capture.

I could keep that the same way, or i could have it pop up a dialog as soon as you say you want to do an object/scrolling capture asking which type.. But that could slow down the workflow.  On the other hand, I dont want to make it separate functions triggered by separate hotkeys..

I could have a multi-step process where first you select an object/region using a single method -- and then get asked whether you want to: 1) just copy the image of the object, or 2) begin a scrolling capture of the object, or 3) capture text of object.

Ath:
Why not keep the current selection method, and replace the old Scrolling capture with the New And Improved! Scrolling capture? Should leave any previous workflow the same, imho.

cranioscopical:
^+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version