ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Scrolling Capture Deluxe Thread

<< < (10/18) > >>

mouser:
When I click on the gear, and select "Capture Now", it does the scroll (and presumably the capture), and then pops open the define capture settings dialog. The dialog only has an "Ok, begin scrolling capture" button.
--- End quote ---

that definitely should NOT happen.. im not even sure how it could..  :huh: well if you hit escape it could happen.

Holy crap did it just do a weird capture while I was playing with it just now. It appears to be a full scroll of the page ... But it's five pages wide..!?!
--- End quote ---

the default setting tries to do a horizontal scroll of 5 pages wide.  if the pages dont change it will normally crop those away.. but any change in content (for example an animation on the page) and you will get extra copies because it will think the page has scrolled.  the safest thing in this case is to turn off horizontal scroll if there is no horizontal scroll to perform.

cranioscopical:
But it's five pages wide..!?!
-Stoic Joker (January 17, 2012, 09:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
I, too, had this.

Baffled in the backwoods.

mouser:
One tip to try in some apps is to use "by single lines" scrolling mode, which can give much more overlap between captures -- making it easier for the program to guess overlap values.  If you do this, use the "ByRows Mult" value to advance many lines per capture, which will reduce memory consumption and increase the Maximum scrolls value.  I might try to add some code to best guess which pre-capture settings to use..

ewemoa:
I had some success with a vertical-scrolling-only situation in Firefox.  After making it through successfully, I feel much less in the dark about how to use the functionality and appreciate being able to tweak :)

Below are screenshots to give a taste of the experience.

1. Initial Dialog

2. Select Region

3. Scrolling Instructions Dialog

4. Disable Horizontal Scrolling

5. Proceed to Next Dialog

6. Stitch Dialog

7. Guess Margins

8. Guess Overlaps

9. Zoom to Examine Results

10. Resize Dialog to Improve Visibility

11. Examine Results

12. Wonder About Space on Left

13. Adjust Left Space

14. Admire Results

15. Resize Dialog and Notice Scrollbar in Image

16. Eliminate Scrollbar

17. :)

Svampen:
So will we also be able to save the uncombined pages as individual files?
--- End quote ---

can someone shed some light on a scenario where that would be useful?
-mouser (January 17, 2012, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I ran into memory issues trying different capturing softwares with a bigger project. Would be a unique feature to have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version