ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Scrolling Capture Deluxe Thread

<< < (9/18) > >>

mouser:
Ctrl-Click is apparently caught by IE to select text. Solution (by mouser) is to use the gear button, but that's kinda out of reach with a maximized window
--- End quote ---

the new beta should show the button even on maximized window now doesn't it?

For some captures, like a forum thread, where it can't detect when its reached the bottom due to animated images or something, make sure you adjust the TRIM values to get rid of duplicate horizontal or vertical pages, before you click to guess margins and overlaps.  That is, if you find that the final page is duplicated several times without being detected, manually adjust the trim to fix this before continuing.  Otherwise it can get confused.  This should only happen in scenarios where the final page has something on it that changes over time.

Stoic Joker:
Ctrl-Click is apparently caught by IE to select text. Solution (by mouser) is to use the gear button, but that's kinda out of reach with a maximized window
--- End quote ---

the new beta should show the button even on maximized window now doesn't it?

-mouser (January 17, 2012, 06:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

The gear button showed up fine for me, and ran the scroll. But the dialog didn't advance, so it just (appeared to) redid the capture and only gave me the top of the page. Ctrl click worked fine at all points, but I only got a full capture once after bouncing back and forth through the dialogs a few times.

mouser:
But the dialog didn't advance,
--- End quote ---

i don't understand.

Stoic Joker:
Probably because I phrased it badly...  :D

When I click on the gear, and select "Capture Now", it does the scroll (and presumably the capture), and then pops open the define capture settings dialog. The dialog only has an "Ok, begin scrolling capture" button. I'd assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it should just jump to the save options dialog, after having been told (via button menu) to "Capture now".

Holy crap did it just do a weird capture while I was playing with it just now. It appears to be a full scroll of the page ... But it's five pages wide..!?!

Stoic Joker:
Oh yeah, I think I made it mad.  :o  The capture is (9.53MB) 6190 x 8470, and just repeats the bottom section for the full height of the page...five pages wide.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version