topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:07 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Scrolling Capture Deluxe Thread  (Read 45008 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Scrolling Capture Deluxe Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2012, 04:51 PM »
I've uploaded a new version with some more elaborate functionality when you press the "TEST WINDOW" before beginning a scrolling capture.  That button will engage a process that will try to guess the best settings to capture the window.

Essentially it tries to figure out the optimal way to do a LINE-based scroll (as opposed to a page-based scroll) which can be more reliably overlapped (since page-based scrolling sometimes yields 0 overlap between pages).

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2012, 06:22 PM »
link?
I get a nice looking 404 on the link from the previous page :-)

Screenshot - 2012-01-28 , 01_20_02.png
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2012, 06:32 PM »
try again now..

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2012, 06:35 PM »
ta very much
Tom

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2012, 08:25 PM »
Attached are some samples made using "Test window..." -- thanks for this :up:

First one made with FF 9.0.1, and the other Chrome 14.0.x -- with some splicing action too :)

Updated attachments
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 09:54 PM by ewemoa »

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2012, 07:07 AM »
I've uploaded a new version with some more elaborate functionality when you press the "TEST WINDOW" before beginning a scrolling capture.  That button will engage a process that will try to guess the best settings to capture the window.

Essentially it tries to figure out the optimal way to do a LINE-based scroll (as opposed to a page-based scroll) which can be more reliably overlapped (since page-based scrolling sometimes yields 0 overlap between pages).
Just tried this updated version on Visual Studio again, and the all new and improved "Super Scrolling Capture" is finally beginning to make sense on VS2010. :)

Did the AutoDetect for the best capture method (the texts after testing mentions a Re-Test button I couldn't find when focus wasn't inside the main code area) and it suggested to also horizontally scroll.

After making such capture it shows that that's not a good idea, as VS adds too much extras in the left margin:
Screenshot - 28-01-2012 , 13_44_59-margin1.png and because of my plugins, on the right margin: Screenshot - 28-01-2012 , 13_44_59-margin2.png

The left margin stuff is also on the second column of captures, so an overlap-merge isn't going to work here anyway, and the right-margin I also want to keep, so either I have to scale down the view, or format my code into a single-column view :tellme:
The Guess Overlaps does work quite correct to all pages except for the End Overlap, this way.

This time (compared to my previous attempt, 2 days ago) I got a perfect capture, though I had to tweak the margins a bit after having them guessed by SSC, and it couldn't guess the overlap (no horizontal scroll, gave a messagebox telling me so), so I did that by hand.

I'm getting happier with every update :Thmbsup: :-*

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2012, 10:47 AM »
Glad to hear it's getting there.. I'm reaching the point of diminishing returns in terms of improving auto-guessing of stuff -- so I don't think it's going to be getting *too* much better.  The one thing I may do is add disk caching for the multiple images, which would make it possible to capture larger scrolled regions that exceed memory requirements.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2012, 01:05 PM »
Screencast videos posted here: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=29821.0

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2012, 09:29 AM »
Hey, I missed this thread altogether. As you know, mouser, I have never been able to get a scrolling capture with Screenshot Captor, and that has stayed the same through three different Windows computers! I've posted several times about it and at first you replied as if most had no problems and it must be my system. Finally enough other people chimed in and you said you would be working on it. Apparently you have here but I didn't notice it.

Soooo.. where are we? I have downloaded and installed all updates/upgrades to SSC but I don’t see any settings screens like those posted in this thread. Is this a separate program? An add-on to SSC? Youi have kept this way, way under the table though I'm not certain why. How the heck do I get scrolling captures now with SSC?

Thanks!

Jim

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2012, 10:44 AM »
How the heck do I get scrolling captures now with SSC?

via tray icon context menu, or use shortcut (shown there as well)**
Same as before actually :)

I'd recommend looking at the video thread Screenshot Captor 3 - Window Object and Scrolling Capture Screencast Videos

** "Grab windows object or scrolling window"
Tom

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2012, 12:37 AM »
@J-Mac:
...I missed this thread altogether. As you know, mouser, I have never been able to get a scrolling capture with Screenshot Captor ...and you said you would be working on it. Apparently you have here but I didn't notice it...
...Youi have kept this way, way under the table though I'm not certain why. How the heck do I get scrolling captures now with SSC?

Take a look at this post I just made - it may be of some general use to you:
Keeping track of what you want to know about

Never miss a useful DCF post again!    :)