ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Can U Say Crap-O-Riffic??

<< < (2/9) > >>

Renegade:
It lives. Rebuild was successful, so it's back to normal...or at least back to fixing the original screwed up.
-Stoic Joker (January 08, 2012, 08:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

I feel for you... And yet again, we see why we estimate the time it will take in minutes, and budget hours...  :-\

Some days I just hate computers...

Stoic Joker:
It lives. Rebuild was successful, so it's back to normal...or at least back to fixing the original screwed up.
-Stoic Joker (January 08, 2012, 08:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

I feel for you... And yet again, we see why we estimate the time it will take in minutes, and budget hours...  :-\ -Renegade (January 08, 2012, 08:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

Some days I just hate computers...-Renegade (January 08, 2012, 08:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, about half of them. I can't help but miss the good ol' days when most of my time was spent street racing ... I'm pretty sure that was better for my health than the ambient stress level I keep now.

40hz:
But I still got a thing for RAID ... That will take a while to pryme away from. *Shrug* hehe
--- End quote ---

Maybe you should join a support group? :huh: :P

Stoic Joker:
But I still got a thing for RAID ... That will take a while to pryme away from. *Shrug* hehe
--- End quote ---

Maybe you should join a support group? :huh: :P
-40hz (January 08, 2012, 08:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Aren't those just Redundant Arrays of Independent(ly damaged) People? That would make the best first step to not go.

Shades:
Ha! I have here a software RAID (combination of 5, 6 and 10) on Linux. Since (almost) two years now it runs on Ubuntu 10.4 Server, which made it rock-solid. When it was still on CentOS it failed whenever it pleased and/or after a power failure, which tends to happen quite often here in Paraguay. It took literally 2 to 5 days to rebuild the RAID setup, all the time hoping no new power failure would come...so I do know about ambient stress.

After the quite easy transition of this software RAID to Ubuntu and subsequent rock-solidness, you will hear a lot of praises for me for Ubuntu. Just turn on that PC and it works exactly as I expect it too. Guess Ubuntu is safer than street-racing  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version