ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Chrome feature: How to Pronounce English Words

<< < (3/4) > >>

daddydave:
I'm not sure I follow you about Mr. Tech Toolkit.  It seems to show something in red ("direct link") in the graphic you posted, but I'm the one who had in red the statement about Pronounce not being available for FF 8.0.1.
-cyberdiva (January 07, 2012, 04:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

One of the side effects of Firefox's rapid increase in version numbers is that there are a lot of addons where the developer has not had a chance to update version compatibility information, thus shifting this burden to the user. I think Curt is right that the Mr Tech Toolkit addon is allowing him to install it anyway even if Mozilla thinks it is not compatible. I use a different addon with a similar function. The addon changes what you see on the Mozilla addon web site to allow installing it.

Curt:
Sorry that my previous post was so unclear in meaning. Yes, I meant what daddydave also said, Mr Tech Toolkit is replacing "Not available..." with "May be incompatible...", because everything is available when you have Mr Tech Toolkit installed, but it may not be compatible...

zridling:
Wow, thanks guys, these are great!

cyberdiva:
Many thanks, daddydave and Curt, for the clarification.

Curt:
Curt, I went to the Mozilla page to see whether Pronounce works with languages other than English. (...) Since you've obviously gotten it to work with that version (and fortunately have added a comment to say so), (...)
-cyberdiva (January 07, 2012, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I am glad that someone saw the comment, because now it has gone!
WHY?!!  :tellme:

----------------
by the way: INFO about Mr Tech Toolkit:

MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.4
by mrtech

(Formerly Local Install) The primary goal of this extension is to provide the tools needed to install and manage extensions and themes locally and tons of other features.

Note: With Toolkit 6.0 Auto Archiving is fully working in Firefox 2.0 and temporarily disabled for Firefox 3.0, fix coming soon.
--- End quote ---

The promised fix didn't come "soon", because the author abandoned his add-on!
Anyway, I am now using Mr Tech Toolkit on Firefox 9, so no problemos!

-but of course, the version I am using is not the one from Mozillas page but the linked re-written version from my earlier post:

direct link for Mr Tech Toolkit xpi addon
direct link!: http://mrte.ch/toolkit Mr Tech Toolkit 6.0.4.9000 add-on for Firefox 9
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version