ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Chrome feature: How to Pronounce English Words

<< < (2/4) > >>

cyberdiva:
Curt, I went to the Mozilla page to see whether Pronounce works with languages other than English.  It doesn't, but I was astonished to see in prominent red letters a statement on the page (i.e., not just in the comments) that it doesn't work with FF 8.0.1.  Since you've obviously gotten it to work with that version (and fortunately have added a comment to say so), why would Mozilla put such a wrong-headed comment on the page?  If I were the developer, I'd be furious.

Curt:
-they really just should say "have not yet been officially tested with Firefox 8.01". However, on my version of the page they are saying, "May be incompatible with Firefox 8.0.1", which I think is similar. "Red letters"; is your version of the page different?

cyberdiva:
-they really just should say "have not yet been officially tested with Firefox 8.01". However, on my version of the page they are saying, "May be incompatible with Firefox 8.0.1", which I think is similar. "Red letters"; is your version of the page different?
-Curt (January 07, 2012, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, it is.  The statement is in red and it says "Not available for Firefox 8.0.1."  I'm trying to include an attachment, but I'm not sure whether it has worked, since the preview doesn't show it.  [Well, apparently it worked, though I would have preferred it AFTER the message's text.]

Curt:
-the difference may have been be caused by my Mr Tech Toolkit add-on:

direct link! http://mrte.ch/toolkit Mr Tech Toolkit 6.0.4.9000 xpi add-on for Firefox 8.01-direct link for Mr Tech Toolkit xpi addon
--- End quote ---

But as I remember it, you want to use Opera? I've found nothing except an extension for Twitter only.

cyberdiva:
-the difference may have been be caused by my Mr Tech Toolkit add-on:

direct link! http://mrte.ch/toolkit  for Firefox 8.01-direct link for xpi addon
--- End quote ---

But as I remember it, you want to use Opera? I've found nothing except an extension for Twitter only.
-Curt (January 07, 2012, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure I follow you about Mr. Tech Toolkit.  It seems to show something in red ("direct link") in the graphic you posted, but I'm the one who had in red the statement about Pronounce not being available for FF 8.0.1.

Also, although I do use both Opera and Firefox, FF is my default browser.  I wasn't concerned about whether Pronounce was available for Opera--I went to the Mozilla page to see whether Pronounce also deals with languages other than English.  I found it doesn't, and I was no longer interested for myself.  I posted the message for the possible benefit of other people on the DC forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version