topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Living for 41 hours in Wal-Mart  (Read 3981 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Living for 41 hours in Wal-Mart
« on: March 27, 2006, 12:28 PM »
Kid lives 41 hours in Wal-Mart store.

Skyler Bartels kept looking over his shoulder. It's a habit he picked up living at the Windsor Heights Wal-Mart for three days.
Really living there. Eating, sleeping, checking out the DVDs, never leaving. The plan was to spend his entire spring break there. Under the radar.

from http://cynical-c.com
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 01:18 PM by brotherS »

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Living for 41 hours in Wal-Mart
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 10:45 PM »
Like him, I find myself doing a "Monk" moment and straightening the shelves of the world's most evil retailer. Wal-Mart management are some of the most vile and evil humans ever spawned. If you don't believe me, check the store memos on any given day.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 12:09 PM »
Cool idea, anti-climactic in his delivery.  He should have stuck it out until told to leave.  It's a 24/7 store, he was purchasing the merch he took -- it was all legal.  You need more than 40 hours to make for anything truly interesting, I think.

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 08:39 PM »
Cool idea, anti-climactic in his delivery.  He should have stuck it out until told to leave.  It's a 24/7 store, he was purchasing the merch he took -- it was all legal.  You need more than 40 hours to make for anything truly interesting, I think.
Exactly... that Japanese guy that stayed for 48 hours in that 24/7 restaurant (never got to the check-out where he SHOULD have paid) before thrown out was more funny ;)

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 09:29 PM »
Exactly... that Japanese guy that stayed for 48 hours in that 24/7 restaurant (never got to the check-out where he SHOULD have paid) before thrown out was more funny ;)

I hadn't heard about that -- that's great.  He was given a free meal because he overstayed his welcome.  Note to self . . .