ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

At last, KeyNote done better :)

<< < (6/7) > >>

rgdot:
Speaking of notes organizers and outliners, my recent/current favorite (TreeProjects) was going through quick development but has slowed in the last year. Waiting for its v3.0.

Steven Avery:
RightNote has had a 3.0 for awhile.

I think one big thing is Evernote integration.

***  Anybody using it?  Your thoughts? ***

Any other 3.0 features.  2.8.0.3 is the last 2-version.

======================

Upgrade is $30
Professional license is $60
Bits normal discount $45
Price on Bits day $30 - last Aug 2013

With all my interest in online notes, and with calendar software,
there is still a piece of mind in having one ultra-solid home base for notes.
A discussion here:

RightNote 3.0 - 50% deal at BitsDuJour - August 12-14
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=35733.0

Keynote-NF, free, is always the fine alternative. However, for daily use
software, I don't mind paying a bit.

And there are many others, as we know..

Steven

superboyac:

***  Anybody using it?  Your thoughts? ***
-Steven Avery (January 15, 2015, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
I use it.  It's ok, gets the job done.  I thought I would love that feature as a way to keep notes synced or some idea like that.  but in the end, I just don't use it much.  I do it once or twice a year when I need to search through evernote for a lost clip or something.  I think my problem is that it becomes this thought, "Do I put this note in rightnote?  or evernote?" or I'm on my phone and don't have rightnote, so i stick it in evernote to later sync with rightnote, sheesh.  So i just don't care after a while. 

My point is, I don't consider the evernote functionality a big deal.  It wouldn't even factor in my decision to use Rightnote or not.

wraith808:

***  Anybody using it?  Your thoughts? ***
-Steven Avery (January 15, 2015, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
I use it.  It's ok, gets the job done.  I thought I would love that feature as a way to keep notes synced or some idea like that.  but in the end, I just don't use it much.  I do it once or twice a year when I need to search through evernote for a lost clip or something.  I think my problem is that it becomes this thought, "Do I put this note in rightnote?  or evernote?" or I'm on my phone and don't have rightnote, so i stick it in evernote to later sync with rightnote, sheesh.  So i just don't care after a while. 

My point is, I don't consider the evernote functionality a big deal.  It wouldn't even factor in my decision to use Rightnote or not.
-superboyac (January 15, 2015, 10:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tried it.  It's a bit... clunky, but gets the job done.  The clunkiness is a function of the limiters on the Evernote interface, rather than on Rightnote.

In all honesty, however, since I can write in Markdown in Evernote now, I've dropped using Rightnote for all intents and purposes.

rjbull:
I'm still hoping for a repository for web clips and notes that's as reliable and easy to use as the old Evernote desktop application, without being cloud.  RN doesn't work reliably for me for this, perhaps because I'm still on Vista.  It often hangs.  When it works, it works well, giving a rendition of a (section of a) web page that's good enough for me.  The other problem is that when you clip to a new note, it doesn't scroll the tree to show that new note.  Also clipping is sometimes slow, but I can't really complain about that, if the web page is long and complicated.  UltraRecall seems more reliable, but so slow that I'd be hard pressed to use it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version