ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: delete certain filetypes from fav folder

<< < (2/4) > >>

Curt:
This was working so fine with my previous 32-bit Vista, but I cannot get it to work on my new 64-bit W7 - not even if I right-click it > Run as Adm'. Must anything be different?

skwire:
Seems to work fine here in a quick test on my wife's laptop (W7/64).  Are you positive the paths are the same?

rjbull:
As a minor tweak on skwire's batch file, you might like Horst Schaeffer's DelAge32:DelAge32 deletes or moves files with a mimimum age given by the number of days.

Syntax:   DelAge32 filespec days [options]

The files are specified by search pattern (e.g. *.* for all files), with relative or absolute path.

Options include: /recurse (subdirectories), /subonly (excluding initial directory), /includeRO, /includeH, /includeS, /rd (remove empty subdirectories), /move target, /created (use "created" time stamp instead "last modified"), /accessed ..

Example:   DelAge32 "C:\some\where\*.*" 100 /recurse

Deleted files are listed with age (number of days). The output can be redirected to a file.
With option /preview the action can be safely tested without actually deleting or moving files.
--- End quote ---
I run batch files containing calls to DelAge32 routinely via my task scheduler, Kirby Alarm Pro.  That way I can keep files around for a while until I'm sure I'm not likely to need them again, and have them eventually automatically deleted by date without having to take manual action.

Curt:
del /S /F "C:\Users\Curt\Documents\PLAY\*.wma"
del /S /F "C:\Users\Curt\Documents\PLAY\*.m3u"
del /S /F "C:\Users\Curt\Documents\PLAY\*.tunebite"
--- End quote ---

I have tried both with and without "quotes". The path was copied from right-click > Copy path. I have also tried from both "Library/Docs..." and from ".../Users/Curt/Docs....", and from within "/Docs.../PLAY". Some of the folders to be handled have names with spaces, others without. And as I said, I have tried merely double-clicking, and right-clicking > Run as admin'. The text file is named skwire.bat

Need more info?  :tellme:

-------
Thank you, rjbulll. Can it delete files older than just a few minutes? Or can it delete per file extension type only? The process is: I download MWA music files, I convert them to MP3, I delete the downloaded files (wma and m3u), and obviously keep the converted ones, except the '.tunebite' that the converter created. The files to be deleted are placed in various subfolders, and seldom older than a few hours.

skwire:
 :huh:  What happens if you bring up a command prompt and use one of those commands directly at the prompt?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version