ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: delete certain filetypes from fav folder

(1/4) > >>

Curt:
For several years I have been following the Same Procedure As Last Year, James over and over each and every day: I download a bunch of music, I convert the music, I delete the redundant files type by type by type, and I move the converted music to a new directory. Lately my Vista has stopped indexing my .tunebite files, and this is making the deletion tedious. Suddenly I realized that at least this deletion procedure could be done much easier if a bat or ahk file was included.

So, my request / idea is for a file to automate the deletion of all .wma, .m3u and .tunebite files in a certain directory / favourite folder including all subfolders, with just a click. The file could very well be situated in the top folder in question.
 :tellme:

skwire:
Just use a batch file like this:

--- Code: Text ---del /S /F c:\path\to\my\folder\*.wmadel /S /F c:\path\to\my\folder\*.m3udel /S /F c:\path\to\my\folder\*.tunebite

Curt:
Wow, that was fast!  :up:

---------
I don't know what is wrong, but it is not doing it.

Info:
The files are not in the top folder itself, but placed in a number of subfolders (album folders) that I cannot name in advance.

My .bat file does not include the numbering, 1, 2, 3, but begins with del
It has no "rare" characters in the path, and no end spaces, but a space is included in the fav folder name.

:tellme:

skwire:
If the path has spaces, be sure to double-quote them like this:

del /S /F "c:\path\to\my\folder\*.wma"
del /S /F "c:\path\to\my\folder\*.m3u"
del /S /F "c:\path\to\my\folder\*.tunebite"

Curt:
Yes!
Thank you!  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page