ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Configuring Directory Opus for Fun and Profit

<< < (9/10) > >>

4wd:
Just in case no one's noticed, DOpus 11 is available as a public beta, (and has been for a month or more).

Quite stable, haven't had it crash or cause any damage yet, (been using it since beta 3, I think).

tomos:
Just in case no one's noticed, DOpus 11 is available as a public beta, (and has been for a month or more).

Quite stable, haven't had it crash or cause any damage yet, (been using it since beta 3, I think).
-4wd (February 07, 2014, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for the heads up 4wd - it sounds interesting:

Toolbars are now local to each Lister
Folder Formats can automatically turn on a toolbar (or a toolbar set)
View Modes can automatically turn on a toolbar/set
Floating toolbars are independent of Lister toolbars
Context Menus can be configured in the same way as Toolbars

In a dual display Lister each file display has its own favorites menu and fully-functional breadcrumbs path fieldlink
-
Now they give us this customisability, I'd love it they made it easier to open lister layouts. And I'd have a few ideas for tab interface (and the viewer, although their response was negative there in the past), must go see if they're still open to requests on this...

Innuendo:
-4wd (February 07, 2014, 08:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Been using it since the first beta myself & 15 minutes after loading that first beta I decided it's going to be a day one upgrade for me. Just like you I haven't had any crashes or weirdness with it, either. Mr. Potter does good work.

tomos:
New version of the image toolbar, based on the one above.
I added the "Sort by" buttons from the Dopus 11 images toolbar.

with viewer on:

with the viewer off:

* Buttons on the left convert according to whether left or right-clicked
* Rotate L|R seems clear enough (this and above greyed out when no file selected)
* "Sort by" text is a label button - makes for large spacing between it and the next, but still seemed the best solution. (I'll probably remove the label myself). Current sort is highlighted.
* See notes below re setup

NOTEs:
# the toolbar initially went under the statusbar - I had to go to "Status Bar" in prefs, and select "keep at bottom of the lister".
# in Dopus 11 the images toolbar appears by default when you change view to thumbnails. To change this, search for "Toolbars" in prefs, and under File display mode/Toolbars change toolbar that will show when Thumbnail view is used (also see location). FWIW I prefer to have the toolbar showing all the time - I like being able to see the sort at a glance.
# follow first link in this post if you need help adding toolbar - or read the manual  : )

There are *no* shortcuts in the toolbar - related ones suggested:
See also post about shortcuts to toggle/change sort;
and post about toggling Thumbnail/Detail views

Toolbar attached - I zipped it as not accepted otherwise.

tomos:
EDIT: Also, whatever you do, make sure you add a keyboard shortcut to toggle flat-view (Command: Set FLATVIEW=MixedNoFolders,Toggle)! So useful!
-Dirhael (January 05, 2012, 12:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for that tip :up:
Set FLATVIEW=Toggle used to show the mixed flat-view with folders, now (v.11) it shows grouped (like a tree view).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version