ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Configuring Directory Opus for Fun and Profit

<< < (8/10) > >>

4wd:
Updated my original post but repeated here.

Forgot to take spaces in names into account, this fixes that.

--- Code: Text ---<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><usercommand backcol="none" hide_from_menu="no" textcol="none">        <label>ZeroArc</label>        <tip>Produce a file tree archive</tip>        <user_label>ZeroArc</user_label>        <icon1>#default:newzipfile</icon1>        <function type="normal">                <instruction>@runmode hide</instruction>                <instruction>@nofilenamequoting</instruction>                <instruction>@sync:robocopy &quot;{filepath|noterm}&quot; &quot;{destpath$}{file}&quot; /CREATE /E /np /nfl /ndl /njh /njs</instruction>                <instruction>COPY MOVE ARCHIVE=.7z,KEEPFOLDER &quot;{destpath$}{file}&quot; AS &quot;{file}&quot;</instruction>        </function></usercommand>

tomos:
Here's another one from 4wd
DONE: Change (sub) folder(s) date based on newest [or] oldest file in the folder

and
here's dcwul62's instructions for how to add it to the conext menu - or to a button in Dopus:

tomos:
I'd forgotten this one - cause I never really used it ;-)

I want to keep two panes showing the same location - as I navigate in one -
e.g.
Documents | Documents
on the left pane, I move down to Documents/Expenses - the other panel updates to show the same:
Expenses | Expenses

How to:
under the icon 'Folder Options' => Navigation Lock

currently using it with thumbnails on one side, details on the other. While being able to look at the images, it makes locating files by name much easier. Cant think of other uses off-hand but I'm sure they're there.

Note:
I cant find it in the menu; just checked my laptop, which install is closer to the default version: it's not in the menu there either.
I think everything should be available in the menu - it's easy to edit a toolbar, remove a 'button' and forget it even exists as a capability. I know, I've done it :-\
For things more rarely used, I find it much easier to look through a menu. Because of that, the version 10 update hid a lot of the power of dopus for me - I do find I use the range of that power less than before.

4wd:
You can also right-click the tab and choose Link, followed by Slave:

Works slightly different to Navigation Lock, if the folder doesn't exist in the Slave pane then it changes to be the same as the Master.  Also, Slaving only affects a pair of tabs, others will remain independent - so you could have multiple pairs of Master/Slave tabs within a lister.

More about it here.

tomos:
^thanks 4wd
I did discover that the 'Navigation Lock' attempts to work for all tabs, and gives a warning if you change to another tab showing a different location.

Trying 'Link Tab' now:

Linked tabs

In a dual-display Lister, a folder tab on one side of the Lister can be linked with a tab on the other side. When two tabs are linked, selecting one in the Lister to make it active automatically activates the linked tab too. Linked tabs are displayed in different colors from unlinked tabs, and you can configure these colors from the Display / Colors and Fonts page in preferences.
--- End quote ---

Making one a slave tab, means it will follow the location in the other tab - but not vice-versa. That suits my needs nicely, thanks again :up:

Edit (I never read the manual properly/fully!)
You may choose to make both tabs in a pair slaves, in which case changing the folder in either tab will also change the folder in the other, or you may choose to only make one of the two takes a slave, in which case changes to the non-slave tab will affect both tabs while changes to the slave tab will only affect it.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version