ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Configuring Directory Opus for Fun and Profit

<< < (7/10) > >>

sethyama:
I've customized buttons to upload the selected file to my website and then put the full url of the uploaded file on my clipboard. It's handy for pasting images to forums and uploading files for friends.

Customize a button on the toolbar and put something like this:

--- ---Copy TO=ftp://MyUserName:[email protected]//httpdocs/images
Clipboard SET http://www.MyWebsite.com/images/{file}

tomos:
EDIT/ new version 3 does *not* change the last modified date when rotating an image
-tomos (January 13, 2012, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I modified the images toolbar so that it now does *not* change the last modified date when rotating an image.
Download from quoted post above.

tomos:
DOpus function to emulate maketree/ZeroZipper

Creates the zero length files/folder structure in the destination lister and then moves it into a 7-Zip archive - on my machine it did 27272 files/223 folders in about 20 seconds, (to RAM or HDD).
-4wd (July 06, 2012, 02:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

4wd:
DOH!  I forgot this thread existed  :-[

Can one of the mods move my post to here?

fenixproductions:
@Innuendo
I am sorry I will not quote all your thoughts parts (too much hassle) for TC plugins developers base. I will also give my thoughts though:

I wrote few plugins for TC and all I can say is that it seemed quite easy for the level of my C++ skills. I've tried to write something for IrfanView and DO in the past but they were too hard. I know there are many great coders out there but for C++ n00b like me - it was darn easy to have my own plugs. They are not bug free or complicated but - hey - they work at least :)

As for great wave of Easter Devs: for me it is understandable way of living. If you have a choice to pay more for something that works or less for something that almost work (but with your little effort it ends up the same)… you chose second option. This is how whole generation (or two?) was raised. While The West could just buy things, The East had Adam Słodowy to listen to instead. Many people made their tools and I think that's the way for any developing county. Capitalists killed their creativity ;)

As an example:
In eighties, one of my friends (as a kid) was in Germany on a trip and he brought back "the best in town" hi-fi set (lot of speakers, amplifiers, etc)… for almost free. How he did it? Hi father found it in dumpster, thrown by some folk who said it is definitely broken. Took for investigation and it appeared that PowerOff button was not working due to bad solding. One tiny spot needed to be fix. That's all. I know that on some levels it is unacceptable to dig into garbage but not for all of us, especially for these who cannot afford it (no matter is it for lack of money or lack of goods).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version