ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Configuring Directory Opus for Fun and Profit

<< < (6/10) > >>

tomos:
you can save a dopus window - it's called a Lister Layout.
I use this a lot - different tabs / layouts / views for different jobs, for different requirements. (I also use Session Manager to do the same kind of thing in Firefox.)

You can make a shortcut to save a lister layout thus:
Prefs LAYOUTSAVE=single

on saving you get offered some options:

If you change your layout and want to save the changes, you need to save it again, which can only be done like file/save-as, i.e. use the shortcut above, type in or select the name of the current layout => message: "do you want to replace..." => click "Yes". A bit messy, but you get used to it (well, I did :p )

Lister layouts can be opened via the tray icon, or via
menu: Settings >Lister Layouts
But I use FARR to open them :)
You need to create a shortcut to the layout:
menu Settings >Lister Layouts >Edit Layouts

* drag relevant layout to desktop to create a shortcut
* shortcut has funny name Layout "XXXX".dcf (where XXXX was the saved layout name) - I change name to the saved name
* move to a location that FARR can read (I add them to the Start Menu >Programs folder)
With the TEST layout example:

tomos:
Just updated to 10.0.3.0

there was a mention of an "Other Manual" in the info when I was prompted to download. Once installed, I had to search a bit before I found it.
I like what I've read so far - it seems to be a very good (in-depth) introduction :up:

Directory Opus 10: Quick-Start Guide, Tips & Tricks
Or: The "Other Manual" to Directory Opus

"The guide walks you through Andy's personal configuration of Opus and discusses how and why he got there."

superboyac:
nice tip, tomos!  I will have to start using that.

I'm pretty proud of my work on the status bar (most of it is copied from others).  The 4 little bars, when files and folders are selected, give visual information about:

1) left-top bar shows how full a 700MB CD would be based on what is selected.  Red means I went over the limit.

2) left-bottom bar shows how full a 4.7GB DVD would be based on what is selected.  Red means I went over the limit.

3)right-top shows the percentage of space that the selected items are taking up on their own drive.  Let's say I'm trying to free up space, that bar gives me an idea if I've selected a lot or a little of the total amount of space being used on the current drive.

4) right-bottom shows how much space my selection will take up as a percentage of free space available on the destination drive.  So, let's say I want to move 500MB over to another drive, and there is 600MB of free space available on the other drive...then this bar will almost be full.  If it turns red, that means I can't move my selection over there.

tomos:
Directory Opus 10: Quick-Start Guide, Tips & Tricks
Or: The "Other Manual" to Directory Opus

"The guide walks you through Andy's personal configuration of Opus and discusses how and why he got there."
-tomos (January 10, 2012, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

He gives a couple of toolbars which you can add to your install. (I never knew that was so easy...)
If you have a portable option on your dopus license, it might be worth trying out new stuff on portable version first. He changes some default shortcuts so they will clash & be shown twice - he does tell you how to clear it up (scroll down the page), but you may wish to just cherry-pick from the modified portable install.

Copying a button: when in customise mode, simply right-click & Copy
This will also copy a full menu or a three-way-button
Paste works the same way, also in customise mode.

tomos:
[edit] for newer version of this image toolbar see reply # 43 below [/edit]

I've been working on photos this evening.
Seeing as I now know how to copy a toolbar, here's a couple of versions of the image toolbar.
I think the image toolbar comes by default, but this one is tidied up a lot -

* convert to PNG and GIF buttons combined - left click for PNG, right click for GIF
* convert to JPG and BMP buttons combined - left click for JPG, right click for BMP
* Viewer pane button added (as menu button) - various thumbnail sizes and [make]wallpaper added as "sub-items"
* second version is streamlined - images removed, text shortened
* slider for thumbnail size only shows in thumbnail view
version 2_0

version 2_1 [version 3]

you can keep the toolbar very small (normally it would go under the viewer as well) - click on the left side & drag it over and back till it settles where you want it.

edit/ I forgot to tell you how to add the toolbar :-[
From Andy's "Other Manual" dopus page (link in previous post) -

• Open a dual lister. In the path bar (quick selection: F4), paste exactly this: /buttons
• Move the two toolbar files [see below] into that folder (you will notice that it contains all the other toolbars).
• Right-click any place on your old toolbars and select Toolbars, then [select one to test - drag to wherever you want]
--- End quote ---

EDIT/ there's no shortcuts included

EDIT/ new version 3 does *not* change the last modified date when rotating an image

[edit] for newer version of this image toolbar see reply # 43 below [/edit]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version