ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

If you had a medical implant would you rather it be closed or open source?

<< < (4/7) > >>

JavaJones:
It's not science though, it's politics. The science is what tells us fluoride is unnecessary. It's politicians in various forms that keep fluoride living on in our water supply. And Stoic, I agree, I grew up drinking water out of a spring, now that I live in a city I try to only drink filtered tap water (takes out the fluoride and chlorine). Hardly any cavities, especially compared to my friends. But that's all anecdotal and not really necessary given there is "hard science" showing essentially no benefit, not to mention potential risks from ingesting it. As Renegade said, the only potentially beneficial effects shown were with *topical* application, and even then then are apparently better options for preventing tooth decay.

- Oshyan

f0dder:
Anyway, trolling aside, it seems a bit weird to put fluoride in the water supply - wouldn't it be more appropriate to put it in toothpaste?

Stoic Joker:
Anyway, trolling aside, it seems a bit weird to put fluoride in the water supply - wouldn't it be more appropriate to put it in toothpaste? -f0dder (January 06, 2012, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

That assumes people will actually use it. Water is a bit more of a necessity (can't go more than 3 days without it they say). Hell they'll probably start putting Chantix in the water next to eliminate smokers.

f0dder:
Anyway, trolling aside, it seems a bit weird to put fluoride in the water supply - wouldn't it be more appropriate to put it in toothpaste? -f0dder (January 06, 2012, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

That assumes people will actually use it. Water is a bit more of a necessity (can't go more than 3 days without it they say). Hell they'll probably start putting Chantix in the water next to eliminate smokers.
-Stoic Joker (January 06, 2012, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, I guess the reason for putting it in the water supply is THEY need it in your bloodstream to boost the effectiveness of the psychotropic drugs they add to your cereals - confining it to toothpaste would only help against cavities :-)

Renegade:
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You joke about that now... (I'm not kidding... see below...)

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Well, I guess the reason for putting it in the water supply is THEY need it in your bloodstream to boost the effectiveness of the psychotropic drugs they add to your cereals - confining it to toothpaste would only help against cavities :-)

-f0dder (January 06, 2012, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

(I'm getting a hint of sarcasm, flavoured with moderate overtones of cynicism... ;) )

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I suppose WE should take off our tinfoil hats for a moment... Well...

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2011/05/22/052211-news-lithium-1-5/

(Graphic there - can't quote here.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1390732/Adding-Lithium-drinking-water-lower-suicide-rates.html

Should we drug the drinking water? Adding lithium to the taps 'could lower suicide rates'

Lithium has been heralded by some experts as the next potential flouride, after scientists found suicide rates were lower in areas where the drinking water had higher concentrations of the element.

Researchers from the Medical University of Vienna compared the suicide rates in different regions of Austria with the natural lithium concentrations in the drinking water.
--- End quote ---

Laugh it up. That's just the start.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/shortcuts/2011/dec/05/should-we-put-lithium-in-water

Should we put lithium in the water?

A psychiatrist in Ireland has suggested that putting psychiatric medicine in drinking water could cut the suicide rate

It sounds like science fiction: a consultant psychiatrist in Ireland proposed last week that mass medication could be used to make us all happier. Aldous Huxley had his soma; Dr Moosajee Bhamjee, former Labour party politician (he accidentally won a seat while campaigning for "the protest vote" in Clare in 1992), says his government should add lithium to the water supply.

--- End quote ---

http://ag.arizona.edu/azwater/awr/july00/feature1.htm

Developed to promote human health and well being, certain pharmaceuticals are now attracting attention as a potentially new class of water pollutants. Such drugs as antibiotics, anti-depressants, birth control pills, seizure medication, cancer treatments, pain killers, tranquilizers and cholesterol-lowering compounds have been detected in varied water sources.
--- End quote ---

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23503485/ns/health-health_care/t/pharmaceuticals-lurking-us-drinking-water/

A vast array of pharmaceuticals — including antibiotics, anti-convulsants, mood stabilizers and sex hormones — have been found in the drinking water supplies of at least 41 million Americans, an Associated Press investigation shows.

To be sure, the concentrations of these pharmaceuticals are tiny, measured in quantities of parts per billion or trillion, far below the levels of a medical dose. Also, utilities insist their water is safe.

--- End quote ---

Ah, yeah... Constant, continual exposure to small amounts of dangerous drugs is safe...

There is a very good reason why some of these drugs have extreme warnings. They are DANGEROUS!

There are other calls in the medical community to start putting other psychotropics in the water supply. (I forget the reference at the moment -- it was out of a university in the UK.)

You can't make this stuff up.

It's all there in plain sight. No "conspiracy theory" needed. If anything, this is "conspiracy history/fact".

What some people won't want to hear
If you want, go out and verify this stuff for yourself...

Sodium fluoride was used by the Nazis in death camps because they found that it helped make the prisoner population much more docile and easier to manage/murder.

Now, go check to see if there was any water fluoridation prior to WWII... There was research, but there was no water fluoridation...

;)

Putting lithium in the water supply is forced medication. It's utterly insane for many reasons. And yet, there are a half-dozen or do references right out of the mainstream media right above.

You don't need a tinfoil hat to read what's right in front of you.

And THIS is what modern medicine is? Forced medication? Putting psychotropic drugs in the water supply? For real?

--- Just to put a tiny bit of this in perspective -- the above stuff is just the tip of the iceberg. I could go on at length about other things, however, some would probably be too inflammatory for some people. It's probably inflammatory enough to point out that there is serious consideration being given to the thought that "putting lithium in the water is a good thing", even when it's got numerous mainstream sources to back it up.

Back to the original post --- I firmly believe that software in medicine like that should be open source, GPL'd software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version