ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

If you had a medical implant would you rather it be closed or open source?

<< < (3/7) > >>

f0dder:
Fluorine is an important component of sarin nerve gas, but we put it in our water/toothpaste/etc.-Renegade (December 30, 2011, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hydrogen is an important component of Hydrogen bombs, but we put it is in our water.

Renegade:
Fluorine is an important component of sarin nerve gas, but we put it in our water/toothpaste/etc.-Renegade (December 30, 2011, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hydrogen is an important component of Hydrogen bombs, but we put it is in our water.

-f0dder (January 05, 2012, 08:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Check up on sodium fluoride and hydrogen fluoride. There are tons of articles, documents, documentaries on the topic. They are pure toxins. Anyone that doesn't believe it is more than welcome to chomp on a teaspoon of it. Just make certain to write your last will and testament first.

The hydrogen in hydrogen bombs is tritium/deuterium, which are only found in extremely small trace amounts in normal water. If you have a glass of tritium or deuterium, sell it. It's worth quite a bit. ;) (If you have lots, sell it to Iran as they won't be able to buy much of anything in the near future.)

It's funny that you bring this up. I just finished a blog post...

http://cynic.me/2012/01/06/gmos-are-bio-warfare-lets-call-them-what-they-are/

If I were to add to my comment in that previous post, I'd add in that GMOs are biological weapons - bio-warfare.

You can check up on them and find out just how toxic they are. There is a lot of information available on the topic.

I just can't get on the band wagon. When all the evidence shows that corporate interests come first before health, and that health concerns are largely ignored... Nah... Trust levels are below zero.

JavaJones:
Getting rather off-topic now I guess, but in regards to fluoride in the water, let's consider not what harm it may be causing (which is debated but documented), rather what *good* is it doing, if any. The evidence for any positive benefit from fluoride at concentrations as low as in our water supply is... scant. In other words we're ingesting fluoride for no good reason. There are a variety of theories, ranging on the "conspiracy spectrum" from "We had good reason to believe it was beneficial when the policy was implemented" to "We needed a good way to get rid of excess fluoride from other manufacturing processes" (the latter of which seems rather far-fetched but quite scary if even remotely true).

Regardless of the reason it's there, the only useful question in my view is whether it actually does any *good*. Continuing something simply because it does not/may not do any harm is not reason enough to continue.

- Oshyan

Renegade:
Getting rather off-topic now I guess, but in regards to fluoride in the water, let's consider not what harm it may be causing (which is debated but documented), rather what *good* is it doing, if any. The evidence for any positive benefit from fluoride at concentrations as low as in our water supply is... scant. In other words we're ingesting fluoride for no good reason. There are a variety of theories, ranging on the "conspiracy spectrum" from "We had good reason to believe it was beneficial when the policy was implemented" to "We needed a good way to get rid of excess fluoride from other manufacturing processes" (the latter of which seems rather far-fetched but quite scary if even remotely true).

Regardless of the reason it's there, the only useful question in my view is whether it actually does any *good*. Continuing something simply because it does not/may not do any harm is not reason enough to continue.

- Oshyan
-JavaJones (January 05, 2012, 04:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1

As far as I can discover, there is zero benefit to it. The *only* evidence where it is less toxic is in topical application, and even then, there's no evidence that it is beneficial.

If this is the kind of science that modern medicine is offering, then back to the original topic, I see significant reason for serious concern and think that GPL'd software is the only truly sane solution to the problem.

Did anyone watch "The Third Letter" that I posted above? It is EXACTLY bang on this topic.

Stoic Joker:
As far as I can discover, there is zero benefit to it. The *only* evidence where it is less toxic is in topical application, and even then, there's no evidence that it is beneficial.-Renegade (January 05, 2012, 07:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

IIRC they started putting fluoride in the water back when to (allegedly) help prevent tooth decay/cavities/etc. The local city water plant was included in this fiasco. However... We had our own well, so I just got plain ol' natural ground water throughout my youth. I've never had a cavity in my life...And most of my fluoride drinking peers have had most of their heads replaced.

So I'll vote yes to it being completely pointless also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version