ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommend a universal chat client to embed on a webpage?

<< < (3/4) > >>

JavaJones:
Twitter is also "something to sign up for" if, like me, you don't use Twitter. And though Twitter is a popular service, it's nowhere near the popularity of say Facebook, so it's more than possible some of your users would have to sign up. Not to mention that Friendfeed allows people to sign up with their Twitter or FB accounts anyway.

There's also Meebo Me: http://www.meebo.com/meebome/

- Oshyan

superboyac:
I guess the question is, what's the easiest way for people to send me a message if they visit the website?  Email? facebook? twitter?  Also consider people who are visiting on a mobile device.

Actually I think the easiest thing would be a chatfeed where anyone can just type and have it show up.  No registration, no verifications, no login...just type and go.  Would that quickly get spammed to death?

app103:
How about Disqus?

Visitors could log in with Disqus, Google, Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo, OpenID, or just as a guest (with name/email)

It supports most blogging platforms and there is a js widget code for inserting on non-blog pages, which means it will work anywhere.

superboyac:
How about Disqus?

Visitors could log in with Disqus, Google, Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo, OpenID, or just as a guest (with name/email)

It supports most blogging platforms and there is a js widget code for inserting on non-blog pages, which means it will work anywhere.
-app103 (December 29, 2011, 03:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Looks good.  I'm worried about the pricing scheme.  I need to pay $300 a month if I want real time updating?  I don't think so.  Where these people get these prices from I have no idea.  Who pays for this??

app103:
Who pays for this??
-superboyac (December 29, 2011, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

CNN, Time, FOX

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version