ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In search of ... someone who wants a wireless camera (DCS-930L) & mini-rant

(1/2) > >>

barney:
Picked up a D-Link DCS-930L wireless Internet capable camera a few weeks ago.  Just spent an hour trying to install it.  The only method that apparently will work requires a registration with D-Link's MyLink service.  I have no desire to access this camera via the Web  :down:.  I have no desire to subscribe to a D-Link service - or anyone else's, for that matter  :down:, on order to get the camera to work.

I'm certain there's nothing wrong with the camera  :huh:.  I'm equally certain, some personal reservations aside, that the D-Link service is OK  :huh:.  But I don't have time to mess with a piece of hardware that tries to dictate my actions before it's even fully installed  >:(!  OK, if time were not my enemy, I could prolly bypass this, but ...

So ...

Anyone want a camera  :-\?  PM me with an address, first response gets it.  I'll ship it to ya within a day or two (2).  No cost, not even postage.  I don't wanna throw it away  :-\, but I'm sure as Hell's back yard is hot not gonna keep it  ;).  It simply does not fit my standards for hardware  :mad:.

barney:
Well, that didn't take long  :P.  It's wrapped, packed, and waiting to ship.

Innuendo:
Glad you found someone who could make good use of it, Barney. Hopefully, your good deed will be repaid soon.

barney:
Thanks, but I'd hardly call it a good deed  :P, just a dislike of wasting good hardware even if it doesn't suit my needs.  

No one local had a use for it, so I thought of DC - one (1) of the very few non-RTFM  :Thmbsup: forae I've ever found.

And, apparently, it's going to be used to view a new grandchild - can't think of a better use :-*.

Now I just have to find a wireless camera that I can use intranet.  Maybe Radio Shack?  Oh, well, the search is on  ;).

Deozaan:
I bought D-Link once before. I learned my lesson. Never again.

Sorry you had to learn your lesson, too. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version