ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Christmas arms race

<< < (8/8)

Shades:
They tricked me with that one, the food appeared on the table, disguised as a schnitzel.

From the first bite I sensed something wrong, halfway through (I didn't want to disappoint the hostess/cook) I left the table nearly vomiting. At this time the rest of the family at the table had a pretty good idea of what I was eating and started to laugh at my expense.

So whatever happens, make really sure to let nobody prepare a dish called 'Mondongo' for you. Not for any occasion...never!

And yes. I wished I had liters of ketchup at that meal. 

40hz:
@Shades - Ok. Just looked it up. Good Lord!!!

Good thing it didn't happen to me. You'd have to take the word 'nearly' out of your second sentence.

I have an unbelievable aversion to seafood in any form. Remind me to tell you (privately) what happened the time a few 'friends' tricked me into eating caviar at a very posh social event we had only been invited to because of some misguided noblesse oblige on the part of our host.

Suffice to say it involved me, my rented 'black tie' ensemble, and a white carpet...
 :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version