ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

NoteFrog Pro (clipboard information manager) - Mini-Review

<< < (5/27) > >>

berry:
Using 1.9.0, an oddity?  If I'm in the left pane of note titles, and do a "live search" that takes me to a different note, or press Home or End, the note pane stays on the old note, even if I then press Enter.  But if I navigate up and down the title list with the arrow keys, the note changes with the title the cursor is on.  I expected the body text of the note to always match the note title the cursor is on.
-rjbull (December 31, 2011, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

These issues have been resolved for V2.0

cheers

rjbull:
I sincerely appreciate your comments as they make me aware of a disconnect between NoteFrog and some other notekeepers.-berry (January 02, 2012, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
This is true, but I'm a little concerned at encouraging you down the well-trodden path, in the sense that if everybody's doing everything the same way, nobody's doing anything better.  Perhaps that's just Windows imposing standard ways of doing things that one can't really escape from.

For example, the "Home" and "End" keys are not activated in NoteFrog at present-berry (January 02, 2012, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
The move the cursor to top/bottom of the list, which added to my confusion.

Thanks for the clarification!

rjbull:
It's worse than sluggish, on my system...
--- End quote ---
What is your system (in summary)?-IainB (January 02, 2012, 11:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
Vista Home Premium, UAC On, user account, but that seems irrelevant since Berry's post explaining NoteFrog's disjunction with the standard Windows way of doing things.

A FAQ is now built into NoteFrog...
--- End quote ---
Sorry, I meant built-in to a stack (so you can edit/copy bits of it on an ad/hoc basis) - which I don't think it is at present.-IainB (January 02, 2012, 11:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
No, I haven't seen one either.  You mean like the Help file for Horst Schaeffer's MemPad, which is itself a MemPad file.

A helpful idea with AZZ Cardfile and ListPro; their Web sites have selections of free sample files to get you started.  Berry kindly sent me a "presidents.dbs" as a sample, and it would be nice to see sample files for NoteFrog, perhaps user-contributed ones.

rjbull:
@berry:

* Do you have any intention of individually "locking" notes in some way, so that they can't be inadvertently edited or deleted?
* Do you intend to offer something like EverNote does, so that one can paste part of a Web page into NoteFrog and have it look reasonably like the original, in particular, with links intact?

berry:
@berry:

* Do you have any intention of individually "locking" notes in some way, so that they can't be inadvertently edited or deleted? -rjbull (January 03, 2012, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

This should not be too difficult to implement, depending on the specifics of the requirement, so would definitely be considered for inclusion.

@berry:

Do you intend to offer something like EverNote does, so that one can paste part of a Web page into NoteFrog and have it look reasonably like the original, in particular, with links intact? -rjbull (January 03, 2012, 04:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

We tried this with ClipGuru. It was problematic primarily due to the different methods each of the various browsers utilize to render the content - Firefox renders as an approximation of HTML, IE as rich text, etc.

The maintenance of the capability across the browser base was impeding our ability to improve the base functionality of the core program. It's not currently on our implementation schedule, but we will revisit it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version