ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

NoteFrog Pro (clipboard information manager) - Mini-Review

<< < (21/27) > >>

IainB:
@dcwul62:
The version numbering is confusing, and seems to have got out of step somewhat (the version numbering in the files is "0.0.0.0").
As best I can establish, this seems to be a correct summary of the actual time-dated releases, sources and file sizes:

--- Code: Text ---NoteFrog (2013-05-xx) v2.5.2.                           2876876NoteFrog (2013-06-12) v2.6.0 FULL setup ex BLOG.exe     2971753NoteFrog (2013-11-22) v2.5.5B FULL setup ex FORUM.exe   2971689Notefrog (2013-11-22) v2.5.5B QUICK setup ex FORUM.exe    851456
I had an email from Berry on 2014-04-27 where he mentioned the next version:
NoteFrog 3, which will ultimately include encrypted databases and HTML datatype is underdevelopment, targeted for early 2015.
--- End quote ---

dcwul62:
Thanks a lot.

Up front, I admit ... It definitely is a matter of taste, but I can't get enthousiastic about
the Notefrog layout and colors.
I am sorry.
It is a bit 'oldfashioned' XP-like.

Comparing that to AllMyNotes

=

=

Today, I checked out a number of other notes-managers that have been mentioned on this forum.
(separate post on that).

But bottomline, in spite my 'reservations' towards AllMyNotes (see other post) I think it is one of the best
and pretty straightforward and userfriendly.

=

rjbull:
enthousiastic about
the Notefrog layout and colors.
-dcwul62 (May 18, 2014, 10:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
This has been said before...
Comparing that to AllMyNotes-dcwul62 (May 18, 2014, 10:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
AllMyNotes has a particularly pretty GUI.  But, I wish it were more keyboard-friendly, and had hotkeys for adding whole/part webpages and other clips to new/current notes, like RightNote does.  Also, as far as I'm aware, AllMyNotes runs entirely in memory, which makes it fast, but if you have heavy-duty requirements you should probably consider something backed with a database, like RightNote.  AllMyNotes does have nice Google-like search features and display of postings.

40hz:
Note Frog's look is distractingly busy-looking and hard on the eyes. I couldn't see myself willingly spending a lot of time in it because of that. The interface isn't XP...or even Win98. It looks closer to an early Delphi app under Windows for Workgroups, or possibly something written for a Commodore 64. At least to my tired eyes.

A pretty interface won't make a bad app into good one. But it can certainly make a very good app look like a bad app. And with all the competition in this category of product, a dev might not get a second chance if the interface is a turn-off.

wraith808:
Note Frog's look is distractingly busy-looking and hard on the eyes. I couldn't see myself willingly spending a lot of time in it because of that. The interface isn't XP...or even Win98. It looks closer to an early Delphi app under Windows for Workgroups, or possibly something written for a Commodore 64. At least to my tired eyes.

A pretty interface won't make a bad app into good one. But it can certainly make a very good app look like a bad app. And with all the competition in this category of product, a dev might not get a second chance if the interface is a turn-off.
-40hz (May 18, 2014, 06:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, it might seem shallow, but it's a valid concern.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version