ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Lifetime license from Audials+GAOTD: no good

(1/5) > >>

Curt:
----- Original message-----
Fro: Hanna Heinzl <[email protected]>
To: curt@
Date: Ons, 06. apr 2011 13:55
Subject: Audials One 8
Dear Curt, your idea for improving Audials One 8 received the third place in the voting. So, you are the lucky winner of an Audials One 8 Platinum licence key. Here is your licence key: 5MLH3-...-4XCJI

--- End quote ---
Curt <curt@> wrote:

Fröhliche Weihnachten :-) Thank you for the lifetime license you gave me in April 2011. Unfortunately version 9 does not accept my key ("upgrade for $60"), and the cart in your online shop will only offer me to upgrade for $40. But as it still is written on http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/audials-one-8/ >>Today the Developer is going to reward 3 best improvement suggestions with a lifetime license for Audials One 8 Platinum.<< Will you mail me a new key, or what is to happen now? Best regards, Curt

--- End quote ---
----- Original message-----

To: Curt <curt@>
Dato: Tir, 27. dec 2011 16:35
Emne: Re: [Ticket#2011122510000025] Audials One - Request for information on license purchase an [...]

Dear Curt,

Then you won the Audials One Platinum v8 full version key that you can use for a lifetime, but that did meant only Audials One v8 , the content did not include the upcoming versions.

Best regards, Audials Support Team

--- End quote ---

->(my translation: the key is for version 8 only, all of my life...)

Then I did not win a lifetime license. You have committed false marketing, and you owe me a key for version 9, and 10, and so on. Best regards, Curt

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

kunkel321:
This really doesn't surprise me...  I'll agree though, that it is quite misleading to say "life-time licence," when "for the life-time of version 8" is what they meant.

Innuendo:
Companies engage in this practice all the time...which prompts me to engage in the practice of putting them on my list of companies I will never give a dime.

I know it stinks, Curt, but do look at the bright side. At least you didn't pay for that license expecting to get a lifetime upgrade path to new versions.

40hz:
Sorry Curt! :(

cyberdiva:
 :mrgreen:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version