ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

More Complete Patent Insanity (Warning -- You may vomit)

<< < (3/4) > >>

40hz:
After the Philippines (a case of economic colonisation), the US doesn't "colonise" other territories anymore, but it sure seems to exercise an economic and political command and control system over them when it wants to.
-IainB (March 05, 2012, 05:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's right out of the old playbook the Soviets used in Eastern Europe and Finland. You don't want to occupy anything you can control without doing so. Much like the asset protection strategy employed by the very rich: Own nothing personally. Maintain full control using proxies.

It is somewhat ironic that the current US government refuses to be a treaty party to existing international laws and courts that deal with human rights and war crimes - but is self-righteously insistent on creating an entirely new body of law which broadly expands protections for so-called intellectual property. And furthermore, insists that its blatantly biased interpretation and language be accepted internationally without any discussion, real debate, or pubic voting.

Oh well...Quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius.*

Looks like Euripedes nailed it. ;D

(*Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad.)

Stoic Joker:
Wait a minute ... Prius is/means mad in latin?!?  Oh I'll have a ball with that!

40hz:
Wait a minute ... Prius is/means mad in latin?!?  Oh I'll have a ball with that!
-Stoic Joker (March 05, 2012, 07:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry to disappoint. Prius means "prior to" or "before." ;)

IainB:
--- End quote ---
-40hz (March 05, 2012, 07:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
All those proud Prius owners can now heave a sigh of relief?       ;)

Stoic Joker:
--- End quote ---
-40hz (March 05, 2012, 07:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
All those proud Prius owners can now heave a sigh of relief?       ;)
-IainB (March 05, 2012, 09:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not on my watch they can't - I hate those things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version