topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:46 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: NANY 2012 Pledge & Final Release: Paste Text Like  (Read 49486 times)

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2012 Pledge & Final Release: Paste Text Like
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 03:04 AM »
Thanks empyrean for the feedback.

Yes I have a simple Html2Text logic, which remove all html tags, but your suggestion requires to keep the <a> tags. I will see how to give both options. Your suggestion on file name also implies that I have to give some option to user to remove/change the invalid characters.

Actually I wanted PTL to be very simple and straight forward. It should work out of box and mostly for all users. But there are advance users who like to control the things  :)

Ok I will plan and give the options, but will try to keep it simple and minimal, else it will also become same like other similar apps and slow down.

Regards,

Anand

empyrean

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 03:43 PM »
Thanks, Anand.

I agree you should preserve the simplicity of use you've been able to achieve.  I was hoping these options would be compatible with that objective.

panzer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2012, 10:47 AM »
Thank you panzer, for the link  :).

Regards,

Anand

ralfs

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 03:02 AM »
Any news about a hotkey for paste plain text?

Still hopefully waiting.

Regards
Ralf

In a quick response I may give a definable hotkey for paste plain text, via ini itself, so that advance user can get started while I make the dialog windows.
Anand

Let me see.
  • - option to lock selected PTL menus (as suggested by TaoPhoenix) so that the most used by user can be at the main popup
  • - short cut key of each menu as decided by user
  • - hotkey setup max 4, on user choice menus (as requested by ralfs and KRSMAV)
  • - Some new menu options to manipulate text like text2html and vice versa, etc. (as suggested by Jibz)
Hmmm.., looks like I can do it.  :)

But, yes but, the configuration option for the above need some time to make, which is in very short supply to me (oh how I hoped GOD should upgrade the day time to 48 hours).
Ralf

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2012, 10:27 AM »
Hi ralfs, sorry for delay.

When I went to code as I decided, that only ini will have it for advance user, I felt I should make it general for all menu options as another user may require a hotkey for say 'remove all blanks'. So while coding the GUI for the same I got stuck. Then there is year end pressure (for March 2012 end) of my project work going on now.

So I kept it on hold. But now I feel bad, and promise you to give what I promised earlier in a weeks time. I want to see smile on my user's face  :). This is my most valuable asset.

Regards,

Anand

empyrean

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 09:03 PM »
While some of the proposed enhancements look useful and I look forward to your next version, I am finding the current version (1.0.2 beta) very useful.  I copy a lot of stuff and paste it into eMail.  Being able to strip unwanted formatting or change capitalization on the fly is very nice, as is the ability to correct Caps Lock mistakes or the unwanted formatting changes that Thunderbird sometimes makes.

Simple. Easy. Useful.

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2012, 04:39 AM »
Thanks empyrean for the appreciation.

At last got some time, and completed the "Menu Hotkeys" settings option.

This is intended for advance users having knowledge of editing INI file directly, as I am inundated with project works and not getting proper time to make the GUI for it for general users, which I will make hopefully sooner than later.

Please check the same link in the original post for the download and please send feedback.

Hope, I am able to put smile to some of my users  :).

Regards,

Anand

ralfs

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2012, 10:52 AM »
Hi Anand,

I was very happy when I saw this new version with more hotkeys by ini-editing.
But unfortunately I can't get it to work.
I've tried my old INI, a full new INI, several keys and key-combination, several logoffs and restarts, but no second hotkey was available.

My last test was this INI:

[About]
application=Paste Text Like
description=Gives option to paste the text from clipboard, in different format, like Proper case, valid file name, remove blanks etc. Also option for mimic typing, auto pasteboard and view the color, if possible.
website=https://sites.google.com/site/pastetextlike/
[Settings]
hotkey=#v
short and long date=1
[Menu Hotkeys]
plain text=
mimic typing=
upper case=#y
lower case=
proper case=
invert case=
remove blank lines=
remove double spaces=
remove all blanks=
make text file name=
file name suffix date=
date as dd/mm/yyyy=
date as mm/dd/yyyy=
date as yyyymmdd=
date as short date=
date as long date=

On pressing Win & y only types a "y", Win & v is working properly.
Do you see a mistake in my INI?

(Win 7 Home Premium, 64-bit)
Ralf

ralfs

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012, 02:16 AM »
Aaaaahhhhh, now I complain,

I have not to edit the "Paste Text Like.ini".

I have to click on Trayicon, chose settings, click on "Menu Hotkeys" and edit the text in the dialogfield directly.

Then a new "Menu Hotkeys.ini" is created with the chosen Hotkeys.

It works, great! I think you should explain the generation ot the "Menu Hotkeys.ini" on your website.

Thanks Anand

Ralf

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2012, 06:34 AM »
Thanks ralfs. I am happy that PTL is now more useful to you and hopefully other 'advance' users.

To tell you the truth, I do not want to explain about 'Menu Hotkeys Ini' because I do not like it. I do not want the users to worry if they should write ^P or ^p for Ctrl+Shift+P keys. As a developer I am here to worry about it and the users should get clear checkbox options for it.

That's the reason I mentioned about 'advance users' on the website, as I know they will find it out  :) but it will also force me to find some quality time to complete it as general users are waiting for it.

These Apps are my love but to pay bills I need the project works too. So I request all to bear with me.

Regards,

Anand

RetroFuturistic

• Participant
  • Joined in 2019
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2020, 01:15 PM »
By the way, is Paste Text Like abandoned for good?
No. None of my pet apps are abandoned. They are like my children.
Only problem is that the father is heavily under pressure of bread and butter jobs.

The one NANY 2020 I am working is not getting full times as desired, due to my work pressure. I still have hope that Almighty will give me free time from all these "must-do" works.

Regards,

Anand

@anandcoral, I know it's a long shot because you probably still don't have much time but what would make your eight year old child PTL easier for me is if I could trigger the popup window by being able to select it from the system try icon instead of hot keys.