ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Ashampoo Photo Commander 9: $9.99

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
http://r.ashampoo.com/r.php?id=81501&ri=oauu&u=5324604&lk=KirIvrqJ

Ashampoo Photo Commander 9 is quite new. I don't *feel* it is worth the normal $50 price tag, but I really think it gives good value for the money at only $9.99. It even has a "30 days money back guarantee".

jeme:
Wow, they actually give 70% discount to their entire program until tomorrow – see https://www.ashampoo.com/en/eur/lpa/xmas ...

rjbull:
I'm beginning to wonder about all these image editors.  There are so many of them now.  Maybe we need a DC review   :huh:

oblivion:
I'm beginning to wonder about all these image editors.  There are so many of them now.  Maybe we need a DC review   :huh:
-rjbull (December 23, 2011, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Problem is, I think, different packages have different strengths.

I use Serif's PhotoPlus X4 (commercial, pretty decent and I get discounts having been a Serif customer for millennia) but have recently found that the colour manipulation facilities and algorithms in Sagelight beat anything else I've tried hands down. But for layer-based editing, it's still PhotoPlus.

But Xara's P&G7 has a really good tool for removing unwanted junk from photos. Mostly, though, it's a vector editor with a good pedigree and a community of enthusiasts -- and an interface I struggle to get my head around.

(I last tried Ashampoo's thing a couple of versions back and thought it average to poor. But my take on this stuff is always extremely subjective, so probably best not to ask me to do a proper comparitive. :) )

rjbull:
Problem is, I think, different packages have different strengths.-oblivion (January 17, 2012, 02:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
You're probably right, but Adobe's are, for better or worse, a de facto standard.

I use Serif's PhotoPlus X4 (commercial, pretty decent and I get discounts having been a Serif customer for millennia)-oblivion (January 17, 2012, 02:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
And how many e-mails have you received brightly urging you to upgrade to X5?  :)

But Xara's P&G7 has a really good tool for removing unwanted junk from photos.-oblivion (January 17, 2012, 02:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
I think moderator Carol Haynes is a big fan of Xara stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version