ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Reddit Leaving GoDaddy because of SOPA Support

<< < (8/11) > >>

Renegade:
@SJ - Bwahahahahahaha~! ;D

You know that you're sending mixed signals now, eh?

Stoic Joker:
You know that you're sending mixed signals now, eh?-Renegade (December 24, 2011, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was a calculated risk, but I thought the joke fit rather nicely. Moral being that some things just cannot be overlooked regardless of previous good behavior.

wraith808:
The SOPA is an incredible dangerous piece of legislation that requires a crystal clear message. We The People, will not tolerate the further weakening (and destruction) of the Constitution.
-Stoic Joker (December 24, 2011, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

So then make the point where it should be made.  Anyone that even thought about voting for this shouldn't be in office come their next term.  But the voting is so dissociated from the actions of the politicians, that I doubt even the most frothing at the mouth anti-SOPA voter will even think about it come next election.  Because other things matter more.  Like... frothing at the mouth over party divisions.  Or something.  I'm not sure what... but there's something!

You know that you're sending mixed signals now, eh?-Renegade (December 24, 2011, 11:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was a calculated risk, but I thought the joke fit rather nicely. Moral being that some things just cannot be overlooked regardless of previous good behavior.
-Stoic Joker (December 24, 2011, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think that with the quick reversal, and the prior history of good behaviour, this isn't one of those things.  If they dragged their feet in the mud and had to be pulled screaming, then I'd say so.  But not in this case.  The RIAA - yeah, I can see that.  The MPAA - yeah, I can see that too.  But this...?

I won't be pulling out at this time.  They've gone out of their way to help me at times, and not just to correct the problem, but to help me understand.  But that's just my opinion and my experience.  Let each person's wallet speak for them.

Stoic Joker:
The SOPA is an incredible dangerous piece of legislation that requires a crystal clear message. We The People, will not tolerate the further weakening (and destruction) of the Constitution.
-Stoic Joker (December 24, 2011, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

So then make the point where it should be made.  Anyone that even thought about voting for this shouldn't be in office come their next term.  But the voting is so dissociated from the actions of the politicians, that I doubt even the most frothing at the mouth anti-SOPA voter will even think about it come next election.  Because other things matter more.  Like... frothing at the mouth over party divisions.  Or something.  I'm not sure what... but there's something!-wraith808 (December 24, 2011, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Congress was bought and paid for years ago, at this point we might as well just go after the (corporations directly) ones that are paying for their answers. Sure it's a bit like shooting the messenger - GD isn't one of the really big (problem) fish - But nothing says hell no better that a head on a stick.

--- End quote ---

-Stoic Joker (December 24, 2011, 11:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think that with the quick reversal, and the prior history of good behavior, this isn't one of those things.  If they dragged their feet in the mud and had to be pulled screaming, then I'd say so.  But not in this case.  The RIAA - yeah, I can see that.  The MPAA - yeah, I can see that too.  But this...?

I won't be pulling out at this time.  They've gone out of their way to help me at times, and not just to correct the problem, but to help me understand.  But that's just my opinion and my experience.  Let each person's wallet speak for them.-wraith808 (December 24, 2011, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've met a lot of really nice people in outlaw motorcycle gangs ... But I'm still disinclined to join one.  :D

^^Them I trust^^, they have honor, The SOPA crowd... Not so much.

TaoPhoenix:

I think that with the quick reversal, and the prior history of good behaviour, this isn't one of those things.  If they dragged their feet in the mud and had to be pulled screaming, then I'd say so.  But not in this case.  The RIAA - yeah, I can see that.  The MPAA - yeah, I can see that too.  But this...?

-wraith808 (December 24, 2011, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not so sure. The quick reversal bothers me. It feels like the New Hotness way of doing things. "Let's announce a position! Ooh, we're getting boycotted! Okay, let's announce the opposite position!"

Trouble is, it's far from clear that the *second (and good)* position will stick any better!

In my opinion, we're seeing a new breed of politics. "Announce something, and if the public is too exhausted to shout loud enough, do it. If they do shout loudly then:  reverse it, wait until it becomes Old News, then slide a weaker form of it in later."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version