ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Reddit Leaving GoDaddy because of SOPA Support

<< < (6/11) > >>

40hz:
The more serious (as in: with financial ramifications) push-back may finally be starting to kick in. This bit from OSNews.

Paul Graham, YCombinator founder and investor, banned employees who work for a company on the official list of SOPA supporters from attending the YC Demo Day. "Several of those companies [on the list] send people to Demo Day, and when I saw the list I thought: we should stop inviting them. So yes, we'll remove anyone from those companies from the Demo Day invite list," he stated.

"If these companies are so clueless about technology that they think SOPA is a good idea, how could they be good investors?" he quipped.
--- End quote ---

Can't wait to see the insane pro-SOPA comments bound to follow in the wake of that announcement.

Stoic Joker:
Please keep the boycott going
http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/nokde/it_sounds_obvious_but_godaddys_sopa_flipflop_is_a/
-nosh (December 24, 2011, 02:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... I'm waffling... -Renegade (December 24, 2011, 05:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't.

I like forgiveness and redemption... -Renegade (December 24, 2011, 05:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Most people do, but it doesn't apply here.

Not sure if it's just PR whoredom on GoDaddy's part or not... -Renegade (December 24, 2011, 05:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Total whore-age to the N'th power.

But like why would they ever get behind something that insane to begin with? Baffled...  :huh:
-Renegade (December 24, 2011, 05:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hello! This ain't a mistake what got learned from. Unless of course the "lesson" was don't get caught. It's a pure and simple evil corporate money grab attempt at backing-the-winning-pony. They recoiled because they got $panked ... Not because they learned anything/had a change of "heart"/realized it was wrong...

I say boil them in oil as an example to the rest.

Renegade:
Yeah... I suppose that was the lazy part in me not wanting to deal with moving domains and redoing DNS and all that crap... sigh...  :-[

Cripes... This is going to take forever... :(

40hz:
This ain't a mistake what got learned from. Unless of course the "lesson" was don't get caught. It's a pure and simple evil corporate money grab attempt at backing-the-winning-pony. They recoiled because they got $panked ... Not because they learned anything/had a change of "heart"/realized it was wrong...
-Stoic Joker (December 24, 2011, 08:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm afraid Stoic is 100% correct in his analysis.  :(

GoDaddy talks a good game. But they're a big sprawling corporation. And many who have used GD soon discover there's often serious disconnects between what's being said and what's being done.

Stoic Joker:
Cripes... This is going to take forever...-Renegade (December 24, 2011, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

It might not actually be that bad. When I transfered the company domain name from Network Solutions over to Hover.com they gave temporary access to the domain name control panel so I could preconfigure the DNS info while the transfer was being finalized. So the switchover was completely seamless.

Hover is owned by TuCows btw.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version