ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

best font for html email?

(1/2) > >>

superboyac:
Hi everyone.  I've struggled with the Bat's antiquated text editor in email for years now.  I'm done with it.  I'm moving on to HTML mode.  As much as I'd like to keep email to text only, I feel that time has passed and anyone who can't process html email is a little out of it by now.

So, what's the best font to choose for html email?  I like Calibri, but I know that's not available everywhere.  My question is does it even matter?  Or is there a font that would be more of the "right" choice?  What about font size?  I have two large monitors and mine is set to 14pt, which is fairly large for most people.  So can we discuss this a little?  Thanks.

Stoic Joker:
Plain text Email annoys the hell out of me...Try to bold a key point and it fails?!? Jesus (at least) get with the 20th century for Christ sake.

I also like (and use) the Calibri font, but (sadly) Times is more reliable as far as everyone having it.

Size is a tricky one, I'm not sure if outlook uses pt or px, but Calibri 12 is what I usually use ... and I haven't had any complaints.

40hz:
I usually go with a screen optimized font like Ariel in 12 or 14pt.

I'll do Times or Georgia if I want/need to use a serif face. I also really like Consolas and Calibri, but not everybody has them installed.  

Note: I deal with a lot of 50+ people who appreciate a larger font size when reading off today's larger screens. Or at least so they tell me.  :)

I actually prefer pure text for my own inbound email. But all my friends tell me I'm slowly turning into a dinosaur so consensus is probably with Stoic on it being annoying. FWIW I always send HTML (or both) these days. Most people don't seem to like receiving email that looks like an 1890-vintage telegram.
 ;D

Stoic Joker:
Most people don't seem to like receiving email that looks like an 1890-vintage telegram.
-40hz (December 22, 2011, 05:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup: Nailed it! :Thmbsup:

40hz:
^ Hey, at least I never sent any text mail in ALL CAPS LIKE ONE OF MY CLIENTS STILL DOES!

(He's old, owns the company, and is a valuable customer. So do I ever complain about it? Heck no!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version