topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:12 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: simple automatic cloud active data file save-restore  (Read 1976 times)

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
simple automatic cloud active data file save-restore
« on: December 22, 2011, 10:38 AM »
Hi,

"simple automatic cloud active data file save-restore"

You pre-select 5 or 10 or 20 files and every time you want - you press a button and know those 50 mg or so will back up properly.

How do you do it ?  With a program like Backup4All, Easeus or Cobain and a set that goes directly to cloud-land ?  Which program works with which cloud ? Either free or extraordinarily inexpensive.

Or do you do it directly with a built-in Cloud program. However, preferably not a clunky one that works through Explorer this and that, one that feels solid like when you work with a backup program.  Quick, happy, modifiable.

I like DriveHQ because it has a superb file manager (Total Commander style). A simple tool that is missing on many clouds. However, DriveHQ has a daily limit of about 50 mgs in free mode, which is marginal.  Also .. afaik there is not a preselect like I am asking. (I have the question in to their support forum.) I would have to have my files in one folder/sub-folder area and copy it over.  Overall, it is doable, but with limitations.

What set of tools do you find competent and pleasant for this purpose ?  I am not asking about huge files, simply the daily notes, and work and special files will be saved, including the current linkman.  Thus, speed is not the big issue. When I leave my home puter I want to press a button. Then when I get to work, press a button and bring the current files down.  A type of homemade synch.

Steven