ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Media player and system volume

(1/2) > >>

tslim:
Hi,

I normally use Media Player Classic to play video.

While watching video, if I mute sound, change volume level (normally this means the WAV volume level is changed), the program actually achieves volume adjustment by adjusting my system volume. What frustrate me a lot is, it never restores my system volume levels as when the program is started. So I must manually adjust the volume level back after I close the player.

Is there any video player which won't change my system volume even if I adjust volume level while watching movie with it?
Or alternatively, is there any utility that I can run to restore my system volume to some preset levels (say something I save in a config file)?

eleman:
Do you run media player classic from a shortcut, or do you run it by double-clicking on media files?

If you do the first, I think an autohotkey script can do the job.

tslim:
Do you run media player classic from a shortcut, or do you run it by double-clicking on media files?

-eleman (December 22, 2011, 04:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Both.
But I would say I normally double-click on a media file.

AndyM:

-eleman (December 22, 2011, 04:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
If you have a working AHK script, you could make it the default opening behavior for double-clicking on .wav files and cover both options.

eleman:
If you have a working AHK script, you could make it the default opening behavior for double-clicking on .wav files and cover both options.
-AndyM (December 22, 2011, 10:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can envisage a AHK script using soundget and soundset, but I don't know how to make it run by double-clicking on any file type? Any tips?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version