ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

I want to see only .exe files and .lnk

(1/4) > >>

sakiskom:
Hi guys, i'm new with FARR. The SW have many options, this is "good" and "bad". :-[
I want to see in resaults ONLY the .exe files and .lnk from my computer. Not folders and not any other file.

How do i change this? Thanx! :D

kunkel321:
I just resently learned this myself! 
Go to Options, then Pattern Scoring.  Make everything -999999   (negative99999), except the "exe" and "lnk" patterns...   Make those 9999999 (positive999999).
Other people might know a better way. Also, go to Search folders and make sure you're only using the relevant ones, probably Start Menu and Program Files.

mouser:
Kunkel, while your technique will work, there is a much better way to do it.

If you really only want to show lnk and exe, then the way to do it is go to Search Folders, select only the ones you want, and then edit them to say they should only return exe and lnk files, by specifying Optional file extension restrictions of: exe;lnk

This is much more efficient than handling it via scores, as you are currently doing.

Score adjustments are very useful if you still want other files to show but you want them to have lower scores so they show up lower in list.  But if you really don't want other extensions to show, you are much better served using the file extension restrictions in each Search Folder configuration.

kunkel321:
Ah right.  I guess that's what you were trying to tell me when I inquired about the most efficient way to handle pattern rules!   ;)

sakiskom:
Kunkel, while your technique will work, there is a much better way to do it.

If you really only want to show lnk and exe, then the way to do it is go to Search Folders, select only the ones you want, and then edit them to say they should only return exe and lnk files, by specifying Optional file extension restrictions of: exe;lnk

This is much more efficient than handling it via scores, as you are currently doing.

Score adjustments are very useful if you still want other files to show but you want them to have lower scores so they show up lower in list.  But if you really don't want other extensions to show, you are much better served using the file extension restrictions in each Search Folder configuration.
-mouser (December 21, 2011, 10:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
Is not working. Again i see ALL the files. :-\
I go to "Search Folder" and all the lines that have [v] i edit them and i right...

Subdirectory Search: -1
Score: (default)
Exclude subdirectories: (blank)
Optional file: exe;lnk
Optional Modifier: (blank)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version