ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

handy security tool

<< < (3/3)

Target:
worth noting that I wasn't promoting this tool as anything other than potentially useful, nor did I vouch for it's effectiveness.

from the feedback it sounds like there might some issue with Win7 64 - a bit of research should confirm or deny that (let us know what you find out) 

the idea of being able to identify what's behind those processes is sound and useful (those processes have bugged me for years), but dumping it on the basis of cross promotion seems a little shortsighted

YMMV

cyberdiva:
dumping it on the basis of cross promotion seems a little shortsighted
-Target (December 21, 2011, 05:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't dump the software simply because of the crass--oops, I mean cross promotion.  I dumped it also because it seemed to me highly unlikely that a relatively new, carefully maintained, well-performing computer that has repeatedly passed all AV and malware scans would have 89 problematic situations with svchost.exe.  The fact that all 89 carried with them the statement that they should be checked with Security Task Manager simply made me all the more distrustful. 

Curt:
Thanks for telling about Svchost Process Analyzer

if you're like me and you've been wondering just what all those service host processes were doing ...-Target (November 15, 2011, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

When I do wonder, I click on my task manager..., AnVir Task Manager Pro, that is:

-forgive me for being too lazy to first change the language settings into English.

Target:
hehe, distrust is good :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version