Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 01, 2014, 08:55:16 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A Friend of Mine Needs Help  (Read 1022 times)
CodeTRUCKER
Supporting Member

Bush Flying... where I'd rather be.

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 20, 2011, 06:49:12 PM »

Hi,

A friend of mine on another forum is having some problems with his Win7 and Microsoft Flight Simulator.  Below are two posts he made and a third of what I offered.  If you can give me somewhere to go to help this fellow, I would really appreciate it and you can build your ARK (Act of Random Kindness) too!  Kiss

Thanks for any help!
CT

I applaud those that refuse to commit "intellectual suicide."

Truth, unlike opinion, tradition, etc. will always be able to stand on its own.  Truth is not a static, but a living entity and will perpetually impart life; therefore, any "truth" that does not or can not impart life can not be Truth.

I am persuaded the only reason bad men have succeeded is not because good men have done nothing, but that good men did not do enough.

An Open Letter to My Friends

Notice: - Unless stated otherwise, I receive no compensation for anything I post here.
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 08:05:07 AM »

It's hard to view those posts in context as there is know way of knowing what has already been tried. I'm inclined to think that if there is a "Global Assembly Cache" question that it might be worth using the MS .NET cleaner to completely remove and reinstall all of the .NET stuff. Which I've had to do on many occasions for a variety of reasons/issues.

A link to the original thread might not hurt either ... If possible. Wink
CodeTRUCKER
Supporting Member

Bush Flying... where I'd rather be.

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 09:29:40 AM »

Thanks, SJ.  Unfortunately, you have to have an account to get to it, so a link wouldn't work.  Thanks for the help, but it's mootbecause the guy decided to reformat his drive.  Everything is fine now.  I posted what you said for the future reference of others. 

If you have a particularly good site to get the cleaner from, I would appreciate it.  The are hundreds out there and I am overwhelmed.

I applaud those that refuse to commit "intellectual suicide."

Truth, unlike opinion, tradition, etc. will always be able to stand on its own.  Truth is not a static, but a living entity and will perpetually impart life; therefore, any "truth" that does not or can not impart life can not be Truth.

I am persuaded the only reason bad men have succeeded is not because good men have done nothing, but that good men did not do enough.

An Open Letter to My Friends

Notice: - Unless stated otherwise, I receive no compensation for anything I post here.
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 12:17:18 PM »

Oddly, it's not actually a Microsoft utility (although it should be...), but the author's site appears to be here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/a...e/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.032s | Server load: 0.24 ]