ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

playback status from Win API SendMessage

(1/2) > >>

AEN007:
19December2011
SendMessage to WinAmp (or players that support WinAmp APIs like Trout)
to determine playback status (playing/paused/stopped) is»

--- Code: Autohotkey ---SendMessage, 0x400, 0, 104, , ahk_class Winamp v1.xI would like to know the SM syntax for players (like CoolPlayer)
that use Windows APIs instead of WinAmp APIs ...

f0dder:
You'll have to look at each individual player you want to support.

If you're lucky, they'll have a well-defined open interface, either through SendMessage or proprietary plugins. If you're not lucky, you'll have to do a bit of reverse engineering to find out control IDs... and if it's something with a really custom skinned GUI, you might not be able to SendMessage at all.

AEN007:
19December2011
Greetings.
Thanks for the reply.
Today I found the following statement about CoolPlayer»
A: It's written in 'C' and plain Windows API's
--- End quote ---
Wouldn't all/any players that use Windows API's reply to the same syntax?
Anyway, I have no idea how to go about this.
What might be some standard syntax possibilities to try?
Any helpful replies/insights appreciated.
Thank you.
Regards

f0dder:
Wouldn't all/any players that use Windows API's reply to the same syntax?-AEN007 (December 19, 2011, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nope :)

What "plain Windows APIs" means in this context is that instead of using a big set of GUI and class libraries, the application uses relatively low-level functions to do it's work. This is more work for the developer, but results in smaller and (sometimes) faster executables.

Unfortunately, it doesn't mean that there's a standard Windows API for controlling arbitrary media players.

skwire:
As f0dder says, there is no standard for this sort of thing.  It's up to the developer to write in support for particular window messages (if any).  I became quite familiar with this sort of thing when writing my MPH application.  Only a few of the supported players I made work have any sort of API built-in.  At any rate, CoolPlayer was one of them and its messages are as follows:

Play: 40010
Pause: 40012
Stop: 40011
Prev: 40015
Next: 40014
Vol up: 40016
Vol down: 40017
Vol mute: 50000

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version