ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

In search of ... overlibmws GUI/interface/tutorial

<< < (2/2)

Renegade:
I think he's out of luck. I had a look, but couldn't find any tutorials for them.

barney:
Yeah, that was my experience as well.  I was just hopeful that, with the breadth of experience here, someone had information that I've yet to find.  Actually, I'm kinda surprised there isn't something a la SourceForge along these lines  :-\ :P.

Guess he'll just have to make do with the Bosrup site - but he will whine  :tellme: :o :P.

Renegade:
Well, he's kind of saying, "I want to do X, but I don't want to learn how to do X."

Seriously - look at, or get him to look at, different solutions for the same problem. There are more out there now and he's likely to find something that will fit the bill and have an easier tutorial. The jQuery world is a good place to start.

(Still - overlib is very easy to use.)

barney:
His simile is that he doesn't have to know how to build a car in order to drive one  ;D.  Kinda sad, really  :(.  But, as mentioned, he's making a living designing Web pages, even if he cannot truly build what he designs.  He's so busy that he's refusing clients ... that's gotta say something about his work, even if most of it is pretty much local/regional.  To my mind, it's kinda, sorta cheatin' to build a page in Photoshop, then expect a developer to recreate it in script, but that's apparently how this world works  :-\.

Oh, well ... if he's SOL, he's SOL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version