ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY Folk, I can make your icon if you want...

<< < (4/6) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Hm... Okay, got an idea. The icon/image really has to end up square so I'm thinking the calipers ain't helping us any. Why not just go with the pie chart basically head on but tipped just enough to show it's 3D. Set the (free space) pink to only 20% (because it's pink...) with the rest blue (I like blue), and then overlay a question mark. Which will track with the program's name.

It's not quite as exciting ... but it should be easier to optimize so it can be both small and recognizable.

PhilB66:
@Stoic

Here's an idea for your icon...

http://cdn2.iconfinder.com/data/icons/crystalproject/128x128/devices/hdd_unmount.png

and place the pie chart in the middle.

kunkel321:
@Phil,  That one is nice, but it lacks kunkely goodness.  
@Sto, Yea, I have to agree about the calipers not really working...  Though, strictly-speaking, the icon is square, it's just that the side borders each have a bit that is transparent.  
Here are some new things I was tinkering with:
Edit: see below.
The left one is square, but I have to have the question mark overlap to achieve it.  The middle one it flat (not tilted) but still has a 3Dish iconiness about it.
Note that I put the pink wedge back on the left, because that's were the Windows drive properties puts it.  The question mark definitely goes well with the "Joker" element.  I'm surprised I didn't think of it!  What color do you want it to be?  For some reason I keep imagining it green...  Also, look on your computer and see if there's a font you might like better.    

EDIT:
Actually, 3D question mark floating above with drop shadow is okayish, I guess..  (right)

Stoic Joker:
Okay, pie on the right is perfect. Question mark with drop shadow is great also maybe make it just a touch smaller and/or lower so it fits within the pie (I have a odd "sense" of symmetry).

Green question mark was Batman's Joker ... But I'm ok with that (Keep the green). :)

Font. ROFL ...What a brilliant question! To sum up the essence of a thing with a single character ... One must indeed chose quite carefully. I believe this is an MS Office font, but I'm not completely sure:

@PhilB66 - Thanks, but I just hate to give up and grab something off-the-shelf, when we're on the verge of greatness (or the edge of a cliff *Shrug* However it turns out...)

:D

kunkel321:
Okay, how about this?

Seems to be recognizable at the different sizes...
Note that, by moving the ? down, the viewable part of the image became shorter than it is wide.  

EDIT: It occurs to me that the top part of the ? looks yellow...  I can probably fix that if needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version