ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY Folk, I can make your icon if you want...

<< < (3/6) > >>

kunkel321:
If I'm doing this right there should be a zipped folder attached... 
Turned out kindof coolish I guess. 

kunkel321:
I included a large PNG for whatever use.  The ICO has an outline applied around it.  I did that because the calipers looked kindof spindly and skeletony...
I might rework it so the caliper parts are all thicker and the dark grays on the calipers are darker.  It doesn't seem to have much contrast next to the superdark pie chart (or should I lighten the pie chart?)  At least the image is recognizable at 16x16, which is the important part.  The ICO has all standard Windows icon sizes from 16x16 to 256x256.  I noticed that when viewed at 256 the outline looks a bit jagged.  I might try to get rid of that too.
Anyway, let me know what you think.

Stoic Joker:
Hm... can you rotate the pie so that the calipers are measuring it? Currently they're both just kind of there without any interactive association.

Pie chart could stand to be a bit lighter, and maybe just blue/pink. Outline is definitely a good thing.

kunkel321:
Yea, I did have the calipers higher so that the tips were just touching the pie (i.e. measuring it). That made the overall image tall/narrower though.
By 'rotate' are you thinking so it looks like it's sitting flat on the table, or so that the calipers are actually measuring the pink wedge?

kunkel321:
Here's a quick fix... 
http://i.imgur.com/1F3zI.png
The pink and blue seem washed out now...  I guess I should make the calipers darker instead.
Also the calipers are more or less 2D.  I'd have to rotate them fwd a bit for true 3D grooviness.  I can probably do it, but it might take a while.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version