ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY Folk, I can make your icon if you want...

<< < (2/6) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Stoic Joker, GotSpace? looks like a pretty cool utility!  And BTW I've used T-Clock for years !!  :) -kunkel321 (December 20, 2011, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'm hoping to get T-Clock back on the front burner after the new year.

Do you (or anyone) have any thoughts on what visual image corresponds to "ability to view drive space available?"
I imagine it would include a magnifying glass...  Or a ruler(?)-kunkel321 (December 20, 2011, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm guessing something along the lines of the default drive properties dialog's pie chart. But not the boaring flat 2 dimensional type that I would end up creating (for me, art skills = no).  Actually I was hoping someone else had a better idea... :)

kunkel321:
Okie dokey...  I'm off to a good start.
http://i.imgur.com/KXNJM.png
or at least somekind of start!
I kept the same goddaweful colors that Microsoft uses, because that's what makes it visually recognizable to our brains.

The idea of "monitoring" or "seeing" suggests a magnifying glass, reading glasses, a ruler, or some other measuring device.  I think magnifying glasses are way over-used in app icons, so I found these examples of calipers on a Google Image search.  Thought I'd replicate one of them and have it measuring the pie chart.  Which do you prefer though? Plain old A, or fancier D?  I sortof like D better, but the icon should be recognizable even at 16x16 pix...  (of course I can always make a different image for low-rez/hi-rez). 

Stoic Joker:
Okie dokey...  I'm off to a good start.
http://i.imgur.com/KXNJM.png
or at least somekind of start!
I kept the same goddaweful colors that Microsoft uses, because that's what makes it visually recognizable to our brains.-kunkel321 (December 21, 2011, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed, good call. :Thmbsup:

The idea of "monitoring" or "seeing" suggests a magnifying glass, reading glasses, a ruler, or some other measuring device.  I think magnifying glasses are way over-used in app icons, so I found these examples of calipers on a Google Image search.  Thought I'd replicate one of them and have it measuring the pie chart.  Which do you prefer though? Plain old A, or fancier D?  I sortof like D better, but the icon should be recognizable even at 16x16 pix...  (of course I can always make a different image for low-rez/hi-rez).-kunkel321 (December 21, 2011, 01:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, D tracks much better with the cartoon mad scientist measures monkey brain aesthetic which has best proven to please our target demographic.

kunkel321:
Yes, D tracks much better with the cartoon mad scientist measures monkey brain aesthetic...
-Stoic Joker (December 21, 2011, 02:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's good to see we're both on the same wavelength!  ;)

Stoic Joker:
(no rush but) I have the rest of Got Space? ready for final release, so let me know where we're at with the icon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version