ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

3 Feature Ideas

(1/5) > >>

jshare:
I just finished watching the 3 screencasts, and I'm even more impressed with this program than before.

Ways that I could see CHS improved, that would also allow me to remove other programs from my system:

1) Text aliases i.e. shortcuts with a trigger that are then replaced by e.g. a much longer block of text.

I currently use Lifehacker's free Texter program for this and it works fine. But they way I look at, the expansions are just text blocks that I've copied like anything else in CHS, and want to be able to recycle quickly because I reuse them often.

Currently you can hack this with favorites but that requires mouse-clicking, while Texter let's me do this with just a few keystrokes.

2) Full-on key logging

Not for nefarious purposes, of course. I'm just tired of losing work because a program crashed and there was no autosave or I forgot to save regularly (which I shouldn't have to do). Yes, keylogging captures backspaces/deletions/etc., but I'd still rather reconstruct work from semi-jumbled text than have to try and recall everything from rote at a moment of extreme frustration.

And to avoid it being used for nefarious purposes, you could add in safeguards such as the captured text not being saved beyond the current session, for example.

3) Shortcuts to send copied content out as a tweet, Facebook status update, etc. with optionally-active built-in url shortening capabilities when a url is included. I'd love to have a submenu in the Popup Paste Menu that would allow me to choose a destination on the fly.

Jacob

rjbull:
1) Text aliases i.e. shortcuts with a trigger that are then replaced by e.g. a much longer block of text.

I currently use Lifehacker's free Texter-jshare (December 17, 2011, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
Text expanders have been thrashed around on DC quite a lot.  The obvious suggestion is Phrase Express, because the basic version is free-for-personal-use, or AutoText Typing Assistant by the same company, which is completely free.  I currently use Typing Assistant, which is payware.  It's easy to add shortcut blocks of text via the clipboard.

2) Full-on key logging-jshare (December 17, 2011, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---
This would almost certainly cause CHS to be flagged as malware.  If you'd like recommendations for free-standing ones, review this DC thread: pls recommend a good benign keylogger.  Keylogging is built into PowerPro.

jshare:
I definitely wouldn't want CHS to be flagged as malware- good point.

4) Word count tool

I'd love to be able to know how many words there are in any copied text items listed in the Main Window, or even as an option to display that information in the Quick Paste Menu for each item that appears there.

Ath:
I definitely would want CHS to be flagged as malware- good point.-jshare (December 21, 2011, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Huh :huh: you mean wouldn't I guess?

jshare:
you mean wouldn't I guess?
-Ath (December 21, 2011, 05:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Doh! Good catch, I fixed it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version