ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

An iOS Developer Takes on Android

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
This is a little bit old (August) but it's a nice article about porting some software from Apple iPhone to Android.

http://nfarina.com/post/8239634061/ios-to-android

Deozaan:
Things like this really make me dislike Apple users:

Apple has made it pretty easy to start writing iOS apps. Of course, Step One is “Buy a Mac.” Easy! Then just download the free Xcode Installer from the Mac App Store, and start writing code when it’s done.

Android is a bit more involved. You can download the SDK easily, but to actually start writing code, you’ll want to setup Eclipse and install Google’s ADT Plugin.
--- End quote ---

"Apple makes it so easy! Just spend $2,000 on a new computer and you're good to go after you download some free software! But Android is so hard because you have to download three separate free software packages. Boo hoo! Why does it have to be so hard to program for Android?"

Renegade:
Things like this really make me dislike Apple users:

Apple has made it pretty easy to start writing iOS apps. Of course, Step One is “Buy a Mac.” Easy! Then just download the free Xcode Installer from the Mac App Store, and start writing code when it’s done.

Android is a bit more involved. You can download the SDK easily, but to actually start writing code, you’ll want to setup Eclipse and install Google’s ADT Plugin.
--- End quote ---

"Apple makes it so easy! Just spend $2,000 on a new computer and you're good to go after you download some free software! But Android is so hard because you have to download three separate free software packages. Boo hoo! Why does it have to be so hard to program for Android?"
-Deozaan (December 16, 2011, 08:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~!

+1

I liked this:

Eclipse is a world unto itself. It’s the IDE to end IDEs. Consequently, it has many abstract-sounding concepts you’ll have to learn. There are Workspaces, and Perspectives, and Run Configurations. And Eclipse itself is just an empty shell of sorts; all non-trivial functionality is provided via a complex network of interdependent Plugins, similar to Linux distributions. Come to think of it…

Of course, IDE weirdness isn’t unique to Eclipse; Xcode was pretty damn weird at first too, and it’s getting more meta with each release (Schemes, anyone?).
--- End quote ---

I'm no Eclipse fan. It's simply clunky to use. But man... I'd rather use Eclipse than Xcode. Weird? That's an understatement. There's 1 way to do things in Xcode and only 1 way. i.e. DO NOT think different.

zridling:
Hilarious.

mahesh2k:
lol

It's like two people talking about who looks more gross at naked beach.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version