ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

free ABBYY Screenshot Reader

(1/4) > >>

Curt:
ABBYY Screenshot Reader is free during December:

http://www.abbyy.com/bonusSR/

* Size 153 MB

Learn how to use ABBYY Screenshot Reader

Create your own “snapshots” of images and texts from opened documents, file menus, Web pages, presentations, or PDF files with just several clicks.

ABBYY Screenshot Reader features

Easily creates screenshots that can be saved in standard image formats or used as images in documents

Quickly turns text areas in screenshots into truly editable text that can be saved as Microsoft Word or Excel documents or inserted directly into open applications

Support of multiple languages:
        15 interface languages, including Chinese, Brazilian, Portuguese, Japanese
        Extracts text in 179 languages
        Converts texts of the main modern character sets – Latin, Greek, Cyrilliс, Chinese

--- End quote ---

Ath:
Dupe, reported over here

Curt:
-oh, I didn't know.

Well, at least now it has been reported the proper place ;-)

40hz:

Well, at least now it has been reported the proper place ;-)
-Curt (December 15, 2011, 01:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Right you are Curt! :Thmbsup:

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Kewl, I use this tool continually to take both image pics and text OCR pics of fair use material from books for research projects.

Its an incredible deal at the regular price (I paid about $10 or $12) .. free is simply better. 

Please do not let the low price fool you, or the simplicity of function.  This is a top-of-the-line product for internet-to-text (e.g. books from google books and archive.org) use.    Even the German, French etc. functions help occasionally, to give you those umlauts from the text.

You may use a special program for sending a fifty-page document to OCR. (Although once you know how to handle this, it goes quick.)  And there may be some that are better on the difficult text (very small, although there a magnifier program can help... or weird fonts, like old books).  Yet even there, in most cases the hand cleanup is easy.  The biggest weakness that they could improve involve the difficult fonts and some e comes out as c. (I think they do not spell-check.) However, again, this is only on touchy fonts.

Shalom,
Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version