ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Maximize Button Remover

(1/2) > >>

TaoPhoenix:

I run almost all of my windows in some fragment of the total screen. Then I minimize them. And restore them. And close them.

So somehow it slowly is gnawing at me that when I reach to either minimize or close a window ... the third button... maximizes it!

Not least, if you're trying to discreetly minimize that spicy item... look! It's now as large as your monitor will let it!

It's probably a good idea to make the resulting gap a dead area, rather than smush the remaining two buttons together, because that would lead to more accidental closes.

skwire:
Give this a try:  MaxButtonDisabler

Run it and you should see an icon in the tray.  Any subsequently created windows should have their maximise button disabled.  I couldn't figure out a way to remove it entirely but this ought to work for your needs.   If you exit the app, it should enable the buttons on all windows.

MilesAhead:
Download TopMost Toggle from this page:

http://www.favessoft.com/hotkeys.html

Alt Right Mouse Click on active window toggles Maximize Box.  Double click on Tray Icon for About Box to display hotkeys.

TaoPhoenix:
That's pretty close!

"Minimize, OH MY GAWD LET'S SHOW THE BOSS THOSE KNOCKERS!!!"

Let's not!

Skwire Wins Again!

Edit:

Heh so both suggestion work!

Thanks gang!

I'll call this Solved for now!

TaoPhoenix:

Small Update:

The utility seems a bit "brittle" (at least on my Win 7 machine.) When it is active, Windows starts doing odd things like not letting the entire window be moved, etc. Do you get any of those problems?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version