Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 22, 2014, 07:16:32 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: computer cases with washable filters  (Read 1625 times)
techidave
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 14, 2011, 10:43:14 PM »

i was just looking at this case and noticed that it had washable filters.  I can see where this might be of value, especially in a dusty environment.  But what happens when it gets really dirty, does it warn you like a projector or window air conditioner that you need to clean or change it?  Or does it just shut down?

I do like the doors over the optical drives.  that too would help keep some dust out of the case.  Or at least it seems like it would.  I am trying to find the right setup for a manufacturing office that wants some new computers.  they are in an office but the office gets pretty dusty too.
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 11:25:12 PM »

I'd say yes on doors, and no on filters. We had some white box machines with a fine mesh screen (filter) over the air inlet for the processor (P4s...) back in the service department. About the 20th time I had to clean the maddeningly clog prone screens ... I simply cut them out. It just wasn't worth the hassle.

All the newer stuff comes with fan speed controls now so it's kind of a non-issue.
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 01:04:37 AM »

I think you'd be better off getting a full room air cleaner with a HEPA filter and keeping it on the opposite side of the room, away from your PCs. It will do both you and your computers a lot of good when the air in your environment is a lot cleaner.

techidave
Supporting Member

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 05:13:06 AM »

Normally I would say no to the doors but its doubtful they will use use the cd drive very much.  And SJ, you kind of confirmed my suspicions about the filter.

I might have to suggest the room air cleaner to them.  Good suggestion, App103.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.032s | Server load: 0.21 ]