topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: how to have a more efficient day  (Read 9106 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
how to have a more efficient day
« on: March 25, 2006, 07:46 AM »
http://jon.zaadz.com...o_have_a_36_hour_day

While we can never have more than 24 hours of chronological time I think it's very possible to have many more hours of functional time.  In fact, I think it's probably possible to get up to 36 hours of functional time in your day if you do a few relatiively simple things.  So without further ado, here is my prescription for the 36 hour day. 

It's a list of ways to save time that you may or may not have thought of.  Implement a few of them and you'll likely open up a couple of hours each day that you didn't previously have . Implement all of of them and you just might find yourself with too much time on your hands.  File that under “Good Problem to Have” right? :)

So here are 10 ways that you can radically change your life and free up the time you didn't know that you could.

[link from digg.com]

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: how to have a more efficient day
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 03:20 AM »
Great find!

While I won't be able to use all of the hints in there, at least I found this:

Something else I do is to do a series of exercises created by a gentleman named Pete Egoscue.  These exercises are designed to improve flexibility and range of motion and prevent injury.  And many of them can be done while reading, on the phone, etc.  I'd highly recommend Pete's book Pain Free for anyone interested in these.

Not only he seems to like that book a lot, it has raving reviews on the Amazon site! Just click the link above and see.

Also, there's this:

36 Hour Day Strategy #4: Get Organized

You really owe it to yourself to get organized because it will save you both time and stress.  There are a number of different ways and strategies for getting organized.  One of the best that I've found (and use personally) is David Allen's Getting Things Done methodology.  GTD, as it is more commonly referred to, is a system for capturing and managing the things that you need to do and remember.  It's remarkably effective in that it gets all of the little things out of your head which frees up your “psychic RAM” for more productive thoughts and results in increased creativity.

That's a book I read myself, and while I didn't master its techniques completely yet it's great, I can only recommend it.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 10:32 PM »
seems this is relevant to the goe experiment so giving it a little bump.

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 12:36 AM »
That's a book I read myself, and while I didn't master its techniques completely yet it's great, I can only recommend it.

brotherS, i get the impression you've been ignoring the DC GTD Experiment area of the forum. if so, any reason why?

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 05:24 AM »
brotherS, i get the impression you've been ignoring the DC GTD Experiment area of the forum. if so, any reason why?
Hi nudone! I tried to read as many of the postings as I could. I'm busy getting things done and couldn't add any more value to what I read. I think I'm on to something regarding the "I'd like to buy some discipline please" problem you posted about, I will post about that later this month.

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 06:45 AM »
sounds interesting, looking forward to reading your post, brotherS.