ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

google queries re new "2-step verification" / new style, etc

<< < (3/3)

Deozaan:
I don't get it.-Deozaan (December 08, 2011, 02:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

"it" being my queries, or googles verification?
~ I'm just being a little contrary :)-tomos (December 08, 2011, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I suppose I was especially confused by calling "2-factor verification" something new, since it is almost a year old and that's nearly a decade in internet time. ;)

jgpaiva:
I suppose I was especially confused by calling "2-factor verification" something new, since it is almost a year old and that's nearly a decade in internet time. ;)
-Deozaan (December 08, 2011, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
I guess that's because google has been pushing it just now, along with the new look. At least for me, I hadn't seen anything in gmail asking me to try it until last week or something like that.

JavaJones:
One nice thing about the new look is that it's somewhat customizable, i.e. message list density. Along with a few choice Gmail Labs projects (or Greasemonkey scripts, if you must), Gmail can be almost whatever you want it to be.

I recently discovered the "split pane with preview" Labs option that makes it very much like a desktop email client and it's pretty interesting! I long ago got used to not having the preview pane, and I don't like everything about the behavior when it's enabled, but the quick toggle and easy switch between vertical and horizontal split is pretty cool. I haven't yet decided if I'll end up using it enough to leave it enabled but it's awesome to have the option.

- Oshyan

Deozaan:
I recently discovered the "split pane with preview" Labs option that makes it very much like a desktop email client and it's pretty interesting! I long ago got used to not having the preview pane, and I don't like everything about the behavior when it's enabled, but the quick toggle and easy switch between vertical and horizontal split is pretty cool. I haven't yet decided if I'll end up using it enough to leave it enabled but it's awesome to have the option.-JavaJones (December 11, 2011, 03:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Personally I don't like the split-pane preview window. What I do find useful sometimes is simply right-clicking an e-mail and then it will load a preview window on the fly. It's one of the Labs features called "Message Sneak Peek." :Thmbsup:

JavaJones:
Yeah, Message Sneak Peak also seemed potentially useful. I haven't played with either enough to decide between them.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version