ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

my website hijacked

(1/3) > >>

tsaint:
I have a website at www.worumba.com
If I point at an image, which is supposed to link to www.worumba.com/artwork/art.html, I see this address in the status bar. However, clicking the image takes me to :
http://brendarco.ru/original/index.php

I'm sure this arises from me originally adding an htaccess file, making the default somefile.html instead of default.html or index.html.
I set the permissions to 644. In the last few days, this file got changed (not by me) and hence the current problem.

Ive deleted the htaccess file, I've tried replacing it with first a blank htaccess file, then a file with just a redirect for 404 errors, in case blank htaccess files didnt even get "looked at". However none of these fix the problem of redirection to a russian domain.

If I search for "worumba" in google, one of the returned links shows as www.worumba.stuff, but clicking it takes me to http://maildigi.ru/snipe/index.php

My 2 obvious questions are (a) how to fix this mess and (b) since the problem originated with my htaccess file (I think), what permission apart from 644 should I have used to prevent this happening in the future?
Thanks for reading this
tony

Stoic Joker:
For what it's worth, you site works fine for me now. It is possible you may have a DNS issue - corrupt/invalid cached lookup somewhere between you and the server.

wraith808:
For what it's worth, you site works fine for me now. It is possible you may have a DNS issue - corrupt/invalid cached lookup somewhere between you and the server.

-Stoic Joker (December 13, 2011, 09:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

It works fine for me, also.

Paul Keith:
First link works fine but the second link made my Opera crash. (I don't know about websites though, just adding to what others have said.)

tsaint:
thanks so much for testing for me.
 sadly, whilst the first link from the google search works fine, all the subheading links below the first heading - the worumba experience, About Mary and Lindsay,About Worumba Station,untitled - still send you to russia.
 Going directly to www.worumba.com works, but clicking on any links on that default page also directs to russia.

It's not just me, but for anyone. So the corrupted DNS explanation can't be right (I think, given I'm not knowledgeable about these matters)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version