ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

UK Police Test 'Temporarily Blinding' LASER

<< < (2/4) > >>

Renegade:
I thought the boys in blue with pointy hats were supposed to arrest flashers!
-cranioscopical (December 13, 2011, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think they're that bright~! :P

Stoic Joker:
Right up there with tasers, snapflash grenades, rubber/wooden bullets, and that perennial favorite: pepper spray. All are 'technically non-lethal.'

Sad to see how many Western police departments are being transitioned from "keepers of the peace" to "armies of occupation" thanks to failed 'representative' political parties bent on maintaining their positions of power at any cost.

All that this new 'police tech' will ultimately end up doing is start an arms race on the streets. Right or wrong, you push hard enough and people start pushing back. Fire a temporarily blinding laser at a crowd and it's only a matter of time before someone fires back at the police with one whose effects are not so temporary. It's your basic tit for tat.

The only real way to deal with civil disturbance is to get to the root of the problem rather than deal exclusively with the symptoms and manifestations that folllow from it. Because once the cop toys come out of the box, any hope for a peaceful and constructive outcome is pretty much lost. -40hz (December 13, 2011, 06:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Amen to that one!  :Thmbsup:

Not to mention that the 'non'-lethals tend to make the fuzz just that much (less responsible) more trigger happy. Shooting somebody is a lot of paperwork ... But if you just _____ed them a little.... (that's just an extra line on the evening's report)

Stoic Joker:
I thought the boys in blue with pointy hats were supposed to arrest flashers!-cranioscopical (December 13, 2011, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

No I believe you're thinking a flash arrestors. But those are for hiding the location where the cops is shooting at people from.

:D

cranioscopical:
I believe you're thinking a flash arrestors.-Stoic Joker (December 13, 2011, 10:00 PM)
--- End quote ---
  ;D See, I knew retarded came into this somewhere!

But those are for hiding the location where the cops is shooting at people from.

--- End quote ---
Those are bushels.

I don't think they're that bright~! tongue-Renegade
--- End quote ---
A fine example of lightening wit!  :D

zridling:
Right up there with tasers, snapflash grenades, rubber/wooden bullets, and that perennial favorite: pepper spray. All are 'technically non-lethal.' Sad to see how many Western police departments are being transitioned from "keepers of the peace" to "armies of occupation" thanks to failed 'representative' political parties bent on maintaining their positions of power at any cost.-40hz (December 13, 2011, 06:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, but if you use any of those on a cop, it's always a felony attempted homicide charge. Funny how the law isn't consistent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version