ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

[Withdrawn] NANY 2012: EasyNotes (Beta)

<< < (5/8) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
I do like your program. I'm using it to work on a help file my my application :)
-kyrathaba (December 15, 2011, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Awesome!

Nice to see it is of use!

Is there anything you specifically want adding?

wraith808:
1. "Whatever it is" that in Notepad comes through as square boxes etc (extra line feeds or whatever), usually from pasted data, always seems to go away whenever I open it in Wordpad and then save again as text. Then the second time it looks fine in Notepad. ("Whatever"  is ... expanded character/stroke interpretation?)
--- End quote ---

Could you perhaps explain this a little more, I don't fully understand what you mean
-Stephen66515 (December 15, 2011, 06:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

He'd have to say for sure, but it's probably non-printable non-plain-text characters that aren't in the default character table.  They show up as boxes when pasted to plain text.

KynloStephen66515:
1. "Whatever it is" that in Notepad comes through as square boxes etc (extra line feeds or whatever), usually from pasted data, always seems to go away whenever I open it in Wordpad and then save again as text. Then the second time it looks fine in Notepad. ("Whatever"  is ... expanded character/stroke interpretation?)
--- End quote ---

Could you perhaps explain this a little more, I don't fully understand what you mean
--- End quote ---

He'd have to say for sure, but it's probably non-printable non-plain-text characters that aren't in the default character table.  They show up as boxes when pasted to plain text.
-wraith808 (December 15, 2011, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Shouldn't really be an issue in EasyNotes, if that is the case, as it can load RTF documents :)

TaoPhoenix:

2. What if all the features were in a Toggleable menubar that you can turn on and off? At least for me the muscle memory works better on all apps with menubars, (which is why I hate the new trend in browsers and even gmail!) But then when it gets down to typing, you toggle the menu bar away.
--- End quote ---

I could add this, but the entire aim of this was to have all the options contained in a context menu and not a MenuStrip lol, so I don't really know if I would add this as a feature, at least...not yet anyway :)

I see this as a candidate to replace Notepad, because it's made by a Friend Of Cody and might get a stray new feature some day if it's easy to add! (Notepad "Just Is", take it or leave it.)
--- End quote ---

Hehe, I wouldn't say it could ever replace Notepad.exe, but I sure hope it can be useful to people :)

--- End quote ---

Eek I wasn't clear!

I did mean a Toggleable Menu Bar, because I spent 20 years learning File Edit Tools/Options etc! But then when typing and block layout the menu bar would hide : )  (It's the exact same reason I hate the Ribbon. So I bought a plugin for Office to put the menus back!!)

But yes it really could replace Notepad, because ... the point of Notepad is that it's "honest", it skips all the silliness of MS Word. But truth is, it also "doesn't really do much", so if you are on a dead heat to match Notepad's features, then add cool new ones of your own, I'd switch in a heartbeat. What you guys have as an advantage is you are "here and friendly" - so with suitable begging we can get a cool new feature to an app. Notepad Just Is, Microsoft isn't going to care about a mere User # 163524162.

TaoPhoenix:

-wraith808 (December 15, 2011, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I think you're right - (Another thing Notepad won't do!!)

Quick guess is that they're not text characters of any kind, but hard carriage returns or something, more like command codes. So get this, when I open up the offending file in Notepad, they're boxes, but if I open it in Wordpad (as text) and resave it (as text), they're all fixed.

It would be neat if this app meant I could skip that too... I might have to beg and plead for the menubar so I can switch! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version